Book cheap flights now from Melbourne to Nadi
Flight information Melbourne to Nadi
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Nadi last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Nadi
flights a week from Melbourne to Nadi
average flight time from Melbourne to Nadi, total distance 3886 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Nadi last month
Direct flights from Melbourne to Nadi
Find the cheapest flights
Other airlines that operate flights to this destination are Jetstar, Qantas and Air New Zealand. These are routed through Sydney (SYD), Brisbane (BNE) or Auckland (AKL).
If you’d like to keep on top of the best prices for this route, you can organise price alerts through Skyscanner, so you can bag a bartgain when it presents itself.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) information
· The Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has excellent transportation links from the city. You’ll also find that all four terminals are all within the same main building, and easily traversed if you need to get from one to the other.
· If you’re travelling with other people, hailing a cab can be the best option, as you will pay around $55-60 for the group. Alternatively, there is the excellent Skybus service that runs every 10 minutes from the CBD and costs $19. There are door-to-door airport shuttle services run by Starbus and VHA, which generally cost $18-25. These modes of transport will take around 20-40 minutes travel time, or you can opt for the cheap and cheerful public buses ($4) but these take substantially longer, at 70-90 minutes for a transfer.
· You’ll find that Melbourne Tullamarine (MEL) is well stocked in amenities for its passengers. There are plenty of dining and shopping options for travellers wanting to kill some time, a pet hotel for beloved pooches, as well as the standard facilities like banking, currency exchange and WiFi.
· Nadi International Airport (NAN) does not have the kind of facilities that MEL Airport can boast, although this is set to change as the airport is undergoing a redevelopment plan to update many of its features. In the meantime, passengers can still pick up a bite to eat, use the internet kiosks and browse the large duty-free stores in the terminal.
· In Melbourne, you must head to the international terminal (Terminal 2) where your flight will depart. On the other side, Nadi has one terminal where all passengers will disembark.
Time difference from Melbourne to Nadi
· Nadi is two hours ahead of Melbourne.
· The Fijian islands experience a tropical climate, and on the whole remain at a fairly steady temperature. Whilst Melbourne may have cool winters and hot summers, the rain dictates Fiji’s seasons, and the best time to visit Nadi are the months where it is likely to remain dry. Generally this is June-September, where you can sunbathe, snorkel and hike in 20-30°C weather.
Expect to pay
· Fiji is much cheaper than Melbourne when it comes to living costs, but be aware that any imported goods do tend to be more expensive on the islands.
· Paying about 6FJD ($3.80) for a regular cappuccino is standard in Nadi.
Transportation to city centre
· If you want to cab it to Nadi’s downtown area, it’ll cost about 10FJD ($6.30).
· For intrepid travellers preferring to drive, you can use Skyscanner’s search tool to reserve a car. Alternatively, you can also arrange an airport transfer this way, if you want to have everything sorted before you set foot in Nadi.
Mode of payment
· Fijian Dollar (FJD)
· In the larger hotels, restaurants and bars of Nadi, credit cards can be used. However, for most smaller eateries, shops and in the outlying islands, it is much easier to carry and pay with cash.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.