Cheap flights from Cairns to Melbourne
Flight information Cairns to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Cairns to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Cairns to Melbourne
flights a week from Cairns to Melbourne
average flight time from Cairns to Melbourne, total distance 2331 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Cairns to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Cairns to Melbourne?
- Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar, and Tigerair run direct flights to Cairns from Melbourne, and these depart daily.
- A price alert can help you snap up cheap flights, because we’ll notify you if and when the fares rise or fall.
How easy is it to depart from Cairns?
Cairns Airport has 2 modern terminals divided by international and domestic services. This is an easy hub to transit through.
- Domestic Terminal – all flights to Melbourne will depart from here.
This terminal has free WiFi and food concessions, an information desk, and a few shops, but for ATMs, you will need to walk to the International Terminal.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Cairns?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports in total, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only airport in the city that offers direct flights to Cairns.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights arrive into this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights are directed to this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar and Tigerair services fly into this terminal.
The amenities available at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport are free WiFi, charging points, restaurants, shops, information desks, and ATMs. All terminals can be walked to.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Summers in Melbourne are generally around 25°C, with highs of 30°C. Winters are cool, and hover between 6-14°C.
Is there a time difference between Cairns and Melbourne?
- Cairns and Melbourne are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Melbourne is 1 hour ahead.
Is the Melbourne cheaper than Cairns?
Melbourne is more expensive than Cairns in terms of living in this city, but if you’re just visiting, dining and consumer prices are roughly the same. Get the inside scoop on this city by reading our local guide series on Melbourne, starting with the CBD.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.