Cheap flights from Cairns to Melbourne
Flight information Cairns to Melbourne
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2331 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Cairns to Melbourne?
- Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar, and Tigerair operate direct flights from Cairns to Melbourne, and these depart daily.
- A price alert can help you snap up cheap flights, because we’ll notify you if and when these fares rise or fall.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Cairns to Melbourne?
Cairns Airport has 2 modern terminals divided by international and domestic services. Both offer good facilities, and easy access to the gates.
- Domestic Terminal – all flights to Melbourne will depart from here.
This terminal has free WiFi, food concessions, an information desk, an ATM, and a few shops.
Arrive at this Cairns Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Melbourne is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Cairns to Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Melbourne Airport like?
Melbourne has 3 airports in total, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only airport in this city that operates direct flights from Cairns.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights arrive into this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights are directed to this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar and Tigerair services fly into this terminal.
The amenities available at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport are free WiFi, charging points, restaurants, shops, information desks, and ATMs. All terminals can be walked to.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Summers in Melbourne are generally around 25°C, with highs of 30°C. Winters are cool, and hover between 6-14°C.
Is there a time difference between Cairns and Melbourne?
- Cairns and Melbourne are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Melbourne is 1 hour ahead.
Is Melbourne cheaper than Cairns?
Melbourne is more expensive than Cairns in terms of living in this city, but if you’re just visiting, dining and consumer prices are roughly the same. Get the inside scoop on this city by reading our local guide series on Melbourne, starting with the CBD.
What about return flights from Melbourne to Cairns?
You can search and book return flights, Melbourne to Cairns, separately, or when booking your flights from Cairns to Melbourne, you can click the Return button when booking, and we’ll show you the cheapest routes back too.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.