Book cheap flights now from Albury to Sydney
Flight information Albury to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 449 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Direct flights from Albury to Sydney
Find the cheapest flights
The cheapest way to fly to Sydney from Albury is to take the direct routes which are offered, as connecting flights can involve two stopovers and are generally much more expensive. But this is a competitive route, and it is worth creating a price alert for this journey, so when the best rates become available you will be ready to snap them up.
Albury Airport (ABX) information
· Albury Airport has the one terminal, and is easily accessed from the township’s transport.
· The airport is very close to the town centre, so taking a taxi from central Albury to ABX should only cost around $20. There’s also a local shuttle service you can book to take you from your house straight to the airport.
· Albury Airport (ABX) is a small, regional air hub so doesn’t have a plethora of facilities. However, passengers can relax at ABX’s café and bar called Uiver that serves fresh food daily.
· At your destination airport, Sydney Kingsford Smith (SYD) there are banking services, such as ATMs and currency exchange, plus this airport has restaurants and shops, as well as access to WiFi, which is perfect if you need to connect to friends and family and let them know you’ve landed safe and sound.
· At Albury Airport you will depart form their main, and only terminal. At Sydney, it is probable you will arrive in Terminals 2 or 3.
Time difference from Albury to Sydney
· There is no time difference between Albury and Sydney.
· Visiting Sydney in the summer will mean basking in average temperatures of 26°C. In spring and autumn, the weather cools, but not by much, with highs in the early 20s. Winters are generally mild, with averages of 16°C, but can see lows of 7°C.
Expect to pay
· Sydney is one of the most expensive cities in Australia, and so it is worth keeping that in mind when planning your budget.
· For about $3.70 you can enjoy a regular cappuccino in Sydney.
Transportation to city centre
· Hopping into a taxi and taking it to the centre of the city will cost approximately $45-55, but if you are travelling further, up to North Sydney it’ll cost about $55-65.
· The Airport Link Train is a cheap and quick way to get into the downtown area, but if you are travelling with your family, or are carrying a lot of luggage, arranging an airport transfer in advance might be the easiest way to get into town.
· Renting a car can be done when you arrive at SYD Airport as there are a few agencies represented there, but you can also sort out all of the details beforehand using our search tool to book your car for the duration of your trip.
Mode of payment
· Australian Dollar (AUD)
· Debit and credit cards are accepted everywhere in the city of Sydney.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.