Cheap flights from Perth to Chennai
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Chennai...
- Sun 16 FebPERMAASat 29 FebMAAPERScoot TigerairIndirectfrom $436
- Sat 8 FebPERMAAFri 21 FebMAAPERScoot Tigerair + AirAsiaIndirectfrom $454
- Wed 19 FebPERMAASat 29 FebMAAPERScoot Tigerair + AirAsiaIndirectfrom $463
Flight information Perth to Chennai
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 6289 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Perth to Chennai?
- Scoot, Singapore Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Virgin Australia, Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia X, and AirAsia all operate code-share and connecting flights to Chennai from Perth.
- Search the entire month for affordable rates and cheap flights using our calendar tool, and find out how to do this with our Whole Month Search advice page.
How easy is it to depart from Perth?
Perth Airport makes international travel easy because it has modern amenities across all of its 4 terminals and lots of flight connections.
- Terminal 1 – is the international terminal that operates connecting flights to Chennai.
There are currency exchange booths, public telephones, ATMs, bars, restaurants, coffee kiosks, airline lounges, duty-free shops, and free WiFi all available at Terminal 1. Transfers from other terminals are via a free shuttle service provided by the airport.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Perth?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Chennai?
The Chennai International Airport is the primary airport for Chennai. This hub has 2 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – functions as the international terminal.
Terminal 2 has bureau de change services, ATMs, restaurants, duty-free shops, medical facilities, and paid-for WiFi. The International Terminal is linked to the Domestic Terminal via a bus service.
Getting a taxi to Chennai CBD takes 1 hour, and costs 250-350INR ($5-7).
What is the weather like in Chennai?
- Chennai is hotter than Perth, and more humid, with summers typically between 30 and 40°C, and mild winters 15-22°C. The monsoon season is usually from April to October.
Is there a time difference between Perth and Chennai?
- Yes, Chennai is 3.5 hours behind Perth.
Is Chennai cheaper than Perth?
Chennai is cheaper than Perth, with general living costs around 80% cheaper than in Australia. India is one of top Vegetarian destinations, and the cuisine is both affordable and delicious.
- Dinner at a mid-range restaurant in Chennai will cost you 600INR ($12) for 2 people.
- Picking up a cappuccino in Chennai is 110INR ($2.15).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.