Cheap flights from Melbourne to Beijing
Flight information Melbourne to Beijing
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 9132 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Beijing Capital and Beijing Nanyuan
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Beijing?
- Air China runs direct and daily flights to Beijing from Melbourne. Other airlines offering connecting flights are Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Cathay Dragon, China Southern and Singapore Airlines.
- Our calendar tool can help you review fares to Beijing over the month so you can see when the cheapest time to fly is.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
The city of Melbourne is served by 3 airports but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the major international facility, and the only airport that operates flights out to Beijing. This airport has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal for Melbourne.
There are cash machines, currency exchange services, executive lounges, restaurants, cafes, bars, duty-free shops, newsagencies, and access to free WiFi. Transfers to the other terminals can be done on foot.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Beijing?
The Beijing Capital International Airport serves the city of Beijing, and is one of the busiest hubs in the world. There are 3 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 3 – it is likely you will fly into this terminal from Melbourne.
You will have access to bureau de change counters, ATMs, free WiFi, duty-free shopping, restaurants, VIP lounges, medical services, and information desks. If you need to transfer to T1 or T2 (which are connected to one another), you can take a free shuttle service.
What is the weather like in Beijing?
- Summers in Beijing are pleasant, and hover around 26°C, though winters can be very cold, with typical lows of -4°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Beijing?
- Beijing is 2 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 3 hours behind Melbourne during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Beijing cheaper than Melbourne?
Beijing is quite a bit cheaper than Melbourne with rates across all costs coming in 40-55% cheaper. Read our Guide to Beijing in 72 hours to see this city like a local.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.