Compare cheap Edinburgh to Dublin flights
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Dublin...
- Tue 10 DecEDIDUBRyanairDirectOne way from $20
- Wed 11 DecEDIDUBRyanairDirectOne way from $25
- Thu 12 DecEDIDUBRyanairDirectOne way from $25
Flight information Edinburgh to Dublin
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 336 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Edinburgh to Dublin?
There are plenty of cheap Edinburgh to Dublin flights. With more than a dozen airlines to choose from, there’s no reason not to skip over to Ireland for some sightseeing. You can fly with:
- Oneworld airlines such as British Airways.
- SkyTeam airlines like KLM.
- Star Alliance airlines including Lufthansa and SWISS.
Is there a time difference between Edinburgh and Dublin?
No, it’s always the same time in Edinburgh and Dublin.
What is the weather like in Dublin?
Dublin experiences very similar temperatures to Edinburgh all year round.
Dublin’s annual rainfall is slightly higher than Edinburgh’s. Rain in Dublin falls consistently throughout the year, even in the summer months.
How expensive is Dublin?
Essential travel information for Dublin
- Australian citizens need a passport valid for at least 6 months after arrival in Ireland.
- Australians may stay in Ireland as tourists for up to 90 days without a visa.
Departing from Edinburgh
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) consists of 1 terminal for both domestic and international flights. The airport is just over 9km west of the city centre and can easily be reached by bus, car, train and tram.
Perhaps the easiest way to the airport is to catch the Airlink 100 bus from Waverley Bridge. This service has departures every 10 or 15 minutes around the clock, with the trip to the airport taking half an hour. A single ticket for an adult costs £4.50 ($8) and a return costs £7.50 ($13).
For flights to Ireland and the UK, you should aim to be at the airport 1 hour before take-off.
Arriving in Dublin
Dublin Airport (DUB) has 2 terminals. Your landing terminal will depend on which airline you have flown with. Australian citizens must clear customs upon arrival after baggage collection.
Dublin city centre is about 13km, or a 20-minute drive, from the airport. You can get there by:
- Bus: There are 5 bus services running between the airport and the city and surrounding area.
- Taxi: Taxi ranks are situated outside terminals 1 and 2.
- Rental car: There are 7 rental car services available at Dublin Airport.
Return flights from Dublin to Edinburgh
Dublin Airport has plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars to take advantage of before you head back on your flight from Dublin to Edinburgh.
It is recommended you arrive at your check-in desk no later than 1 hour before your scheduled departure time.
Find your cheap flights from Edinburgh to Dublin on Skyscanner today - use the search panel above to search for the cheapest airfare and specials.
Please note: all information is correct as of November 2018.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.