Cheap flights from Byron Bay to Sydney
Flight information Ballina Byron Gateway to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 611 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Sydney and Sydney Palm Beach SPB
Which airlines fly from Byron Bay to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Virgin Australia and Regional Express (REX) operate regular and nonstop flights from Byron Bay to Sydney. These flights depart from Ballina.
- If you’re considering a last minute holiday to Sydney, read our guide on how to book last minute flights and save money.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Byron Bay to Sydney?
Ballina Bryon Gateway Airport is the primary airport for the town of Byron Bay and the larger Ballina region, and frequently offers flights to Sydney. This airport has 1 terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney will depart from here.
This airport is small, but you will find two ATMs, a visitor information desk, payphones, a café and free WiFi.
Arrive at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Sydney is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Byron Bay to Sydney?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Sydney Airport like?
Sydney Airport is a much larger airport than the Ballina Byron Bay Gateway Airport, and offers almost 100 outbound routes to both domestic and international destinations. This airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – REX, Virgin Australia and Jetstar flights to Sydney from Byron Bay fly into T2.
Terminal 2 has all the mod-cons for travelling: you will find ATMs, payphones, dining and shopping outlets, free WiFi access, and VIP lounges. This terminal is connected to Terminal 3, and transfers can be done on foot. For international transfers, you can take the take the T-Bus or the AirTrain to the International Terminal (T1). The fare is $6, unless you are flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia, in which case it is free.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney’s summers tend to hover around the pleasant 20-27°C range, whilst the cooler winters stick between around 8-10°C.
Is there a time difference between Byron Bay and Sydney?
- There is no time difference between Byron Bay and Sydney.
Is Sydney cheaper than Byron Bay?
No, Sydney is more expensive than Byron Bay and Ballina, but not by much, besides, you’ll be tempted to spend most of your time by the beach. However, the best way to save money in this town is to check out the cheap hotels in Sydney with our comparison tool.
What about return flights from Sydney to Byron Bay?
Return flights to Ballina or flights to Byron Bay from Sydney are available, and can be easily searched by using the Return button feature on our search page. However, if you’d like specific route information, please go to our Sydney to Byron Bay flights page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.