Cheap flights from Brisbane to Koh Samui / Samui Island
Flight information Brisbane to Koh Samui / Samui Island
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 7041 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Koh Samui / Samui Island
Direct flights from Brisbane to Koh Samui
Direct flights don’t operate between these two destinations, but there are lots of connecting routes.
Find the cheapest flights
Carriers that fly to Koh Samui along this route are Bangkok Airways, Singapore Airlines, Silkair, Thai Airways, and Cathay Pacific. Popular layovers are Singapore (SIN), Sydney (SYD), Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok (BKK).
Keep an eye on this route’s prices by creating a price alert and staying ahead of any changes in cost.
Brisbane Airport (BNE) information
· Travelling to both of Brisbane Airport's (BNE) terminals is easy to do via the city’s public transport, and between the International and Domestic terminal there is a free-of-charge shuttle bus that connects the two.
· Get to Brisbane airport via taxi for $45-50 from the city centre, hop on the Airtrain for $15 a fare, or pay that $15 for a seat on a private shuttle service Con-X-ion that can pick you up at home and take you directly to the airport.
· As one of the busiest airports in Australia, Brisbane Airport (BNE) has plenty of facilities to suit busy travellers, such as sit-down restaurants, snack kiosks and fast food options, as well as duty-free shops and popular high-street retailers. You can also access free WiFi, currency exchange, ATMs and newsagents.
· Koh Samui Airport (USM) is the island’s main transit hub, and whilst it doesn’t have as many facilities as Brisbane Airport, it makes up for it in its lovely design, its three restaurants, and its Thai spa.
· Flying from BNE to Thailand will mean leaving from the International Terminal, and at the other end you will arrive into the main terminal of USM.
Time difference from Brisbane to Koh Samui
· Koh Samui is three hours behind Brisbane.
· The best season to go to Koh Samui is in the months between December and June, with the most popular time being December-March when the climate is dry, warm and around 30°C. October and November are the months when the wet season hits, and unless you love the rain, it’s best avoided.
Expect to pay
· Koh Samui is much less expensive than Brisbane, especially when eating and drinking out.
· Drinking a Thai coffee will only set you back about 85THB ($3.30).
Transportation to city centre
· Taxi fares will depend on where on the island you are planning to go, but prices range from 500-1500THB ($20-60).
· If you’d like to pre-arrange your transport, you can book an airport transfer online through Skyscanner, or try the shared-ride mini buses that operate from the airport.
· Koh Samui Airport has a few car hire companies, but if you want a particular type of vehicle, it’s best to hire a car in advance with our search tool.
Mode of payment
· Thai Baht (THB)
· Credit and debit cards are accepted at the larger establishments on the island, especially in the big hotels restaurants and clubs. However, for taxis, tuk-tuks, small stalls, shops and restaurants, cash is preferable.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.