Cheap flights from Bangkok to Tokyo
Flight information Bangkok to Tokyo
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 4621 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Tokyo Narita and Tokyo Haneda
Direct flights from Bangkok to Tokyo
Find the cheapest flights
There are other airlines that run connecting flights, which offer a nice alternative for travellers that want to spend a few days in another city on their way to Tokyo. Carriers that offer connecting or partnership flights are Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Hong Kong Express, China Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Air China, Korean Air, Asiana among others. Common layovers are Osaka (ITM), Hong Kong (HKG), Shanghai (PVG), Seoul (ICN), Beijing (PEK) and Guangzhou (CAN).
Create a price alert with Skyscanner on this particular route and you’ll be notified when the rates drop or rise, so you can strike while the iron is hot and buy the best priced flights.
Bangkok Airports (BKKT) information
· There are two airports in Bangkok, the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK), and the Don Muang International Airport (DMK), both of which have great links from the city.
· If you want to take a taxi, it’ll run you 300-350THB ($11-13) to BKK, or 250-300THB ($8-11) to DMK. Public buses to each hub range from about 25-30THB ($1-1.15) but can take much longer to get from central Bangkok to the airports, and there are also trains (slow and express services) that service BKK and DMK, and cost 5-90THB (20 cents to $3.50).
· In Tokyo, you’ll find Narita Airport (NRT) and Haneda Airport (HND) are the main transportation hubs in the city. These air facilities come with everything you’ll need as an arriving passenger, from cash machines, to a selection of food outlets, as well as access to WiFi, medical services, duty-free retailers and information booths.
· From Bangkok, it’s best to check with the airport you’re likely to fly out of for accurate terminal departure information, but in Tokyo international flights always land in the International Terminal of HND, and tend to come into Terminals 1 or 2 of NRT.
Time difference from Bangkok to Tokyo
· Tokyo is two hours ahead of Bangkok.
· Tokyo is a city that experiences gorgeous, flowery springs, hot summers, multi-coloured autumns and chilly winters. The shoulder seasons are often the most popular times to visit Tokyo, as the weather is at a pleasant 17-20°C. During the summer, daily averages are about 25-30°C, and in winters, the lows can be around 2°C.
Expect to pay
· Tokyo is on average a more expensive city than Queensland’s capital.
· Drinking a coffee in Tokyo should come to about 400JPY ($4.30).
Transportation to city centre
· Hopping in a taxi from Haneda Airport will come to about 6000-8000JPY ($68-90), and taking one from Narita Airport will cost approximately 25,000JPY ($285).
· From HND and NRT transiting passengers will find links into town on trains and buses. You can also arrange an airport transfer with our search tool if you’d like to have a pick-up waiting for you when you arrive.
· For those planning to drive, you can hire a car online on our car hire page, or reserve a vehicle at the rental desks within the airports.
Mode of payment
· Japanese Yen (JPY)
· Debit and credit cards are accepted almost everywhere, and if you need to pay in cash there are tons of ATMs throughout the city.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.