Cheap flights from Melbourne to Chennai
Flight information Melbourne to Chennai
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 8780 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Chennai?
- Connecting flights to Chennai from Melbourne are operated by Scoot, AirAsia, AirAsia X, Malaysia Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, and Virgin Australia.
- If you’re on a budget, or just want to save some money, then read our guide on the best time to book an international flight.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne’s primary international hub, the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, is a convenient facility to depart from, with 4 well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal.
Terminal 2 features ATMs, foreign exchange services, payphones, free WiFi, restaurants, shops, airline lounges, information desks, charging points, and a travel agency. All terminals can be reached on foot.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Chennai?
The Chennai International Airport is one of the largest hubs in India, and serves the city of Chennai. The airport has 2 terminals, separated by domestic and international flights.
- Terminals 2 – functions as the international terminal.
This terminal provides currency exchange, cash machines, duty-free shops, restaurants, bars, medical services, and paid-for WiFi. The two terminals are connected, but there is a bus service that also connects these buildings.
Taking a taxi to Chennai will cost around 250-350INR ($5-7), and can take an hour depending on traffic.
What is the weather like in Chennai?
- Chennai has humid summers averaging 30-40°C, and mild winters of 15-22°C. The monsoon season is from April to October.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Chennai?
- Chennai is 4.5 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST) and 5.5 hours Melbourne behind during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Chennai cheaper than Melbourne?
Chennai is far cheaper than Melbourne, so travelling on a budget in this city is easy. One of the cheapest costs is dining, and as one of the world’s top Vegetarian destinations, a perfect place to indulge your culinary side.
- A dinner for 2 at a mid-range restaurant in Chennai will cost about 600INR ($12).
- Buying a cappuccino in Chennai is typically 110INR ($2.15).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.