Cheap flights from Brisbane to Chennai
Flight information Brisbane to Chennai
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 9055 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Brisbane to Chennai?
- Airlines such as SriLankan Airlines, Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, and Thai Airways operate connecting flights to Chennai.
- Sticking to a budget is easy if you know when the best time to book is, as you will save money if you reserve your flights at the right time.
How easy is it to depart from Brisbane?
Brisbane Airport serves the city of Brisbane, and is an excellent hub, with 2 modern terminals.
- International Terminal – handles all connecting flights to Chennai.
The International Terminal has foreign exchange services, ATMs, charging points, free WiFi, public telephones, restaurants, and duty-free shopping. A free shuttle service connects passengers from the Domestic Terminal, or you can take the AirTrain. The AirTrain service costs $5, unless you are a Virgin Australia customer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Brisbane?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Chennai?
The Chennai International Airport functions as the main hub for Chennai. It has 2 terminals, with one domestic and one international.
- Terminals 2 – is the international terminal.
Terminal 2 has paid-for WiFi, currency exchange booths, cash machines, medical services, restaurants, and duty-free shopping. This terminal is connected to the Domestic Terminal via a shuttle service.
A taxi into Chennai central takes about an hour, and costs 250-350INR ($5-7), approximately.
What is the weather like in Chennai?
- Chennai’s summers are usually between 30 and 40°C, with mild winter days of 15-22°C. The monsoon season is from April to October.
Is there a time difference between Brisbane and Chennai?
- Yes, Chennai is 4.5 hours behind Brisbane.
Is Chennai cheaper than Brisbane?
Chennai is a lot cheaper than Brisbane, with living, dining and shopping rates around 60-80% lower than in Brisbane. India is a great budget travel destination, but it is also one of the world’s top Vegetarian destinations, which makes it a great place for foodies as well as adventurers.
- Expect a dinner for 2 in a mid-range restaurant in Chennai to cost around 600INR ($12).
- Purchasing a cappuccino in Chennai is about 110INR ($2.15).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.