Book cheap flights now from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur
Flight information Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 5711 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Kuala Lumpur International and Kuala Lumpur Sultan Abdul Azziz Shah
Direct flights from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur
Currently, there are direct flights operated by Malaysia Airlines a few days a week between Adelaide and Kuala Lumpur.
Find the cheapest flights
There are several airlines that will operate codeshare routes along with direct and non-stop journeys from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur. These include Singapore Airlines, Silkair, Virgin Australia, Qantas and Bangkok Airways. If your flight does involve a stopover, this is likely to be in Darwin (DRW), Perth (PER), or Melbourne (MEL).
To make the most out of your saved dollars, sign up for a price alert on this route, so you can strike while the iron is hot and bag a bargain.
Adelaide Airport (ADL) information
· The airport in Adelaide is easily reached by public transport links, which are directed to ADL’s main terminal, which all flights depart from.
· Hopping in a taxi from central Adelaide will cost about $20-25, and should take between 15-30 minutes. There is also an Airport City Shuttle, which can pick you up at home, and is great for solo travellers as a fare only costs $10 per passenger. There is an express bus service run by the city called the JetExpress; tickets can be bought with Metrocard, or purchase a one-way ticket for around $4 in cash.
· Adelaide Airport (ADL) has a decent range of facilities, with free-of-charge WiFi, currency exchange services, cash machines, eateries, duty-free shops and coffee bars.
· Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) is a modern hub, with all the features that entails, so transiting passengers will find that they will be able to enjoy a variety of restaurants, lots of shops selling goods of all kinds, as well as bureau de change booths, free wireless internet, and ATMs. There is another airport in the city, called the Subang Airport (SZB), but as this is a domestic flights hub, and this airport is not applicable on this route.
· All passengers depart from the main terminal at ADL, but in Kuala Lumpur you will arrive in one of the airport’s two terminals.
Time difference from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur
· Kuala Lumpur does not observe Daylight Savings Time, so the time difference between Adelaide and KL can vary. Kuala Lumpur can be either 1.5 hours or 2.5 hours behind Adelaide.
· Anyone that hates the cold will feel at home in Kuala Lumpur, where the yearly averages lie between 25 and 35°C. The city is at its driest during May, June and July. However, the monsoon weather in March and April is probably best skipped if you don’t like a downpour.
Expect to pay
· Though Kuala Lumpur is a major Asian city, it is less expensive across most general living costs than Adelaide, especially when it comes to dining.
· Expect a regular coffee in Kuala Lumpur to come to around 11MYR ($3.70).
Transportation to city centre
· Getting a taxi from KUL Airport into town will depend on what type of taxi car you hire and how many passengers you are travelling with, but a rough estimate of costs will see a ride cost from 80MYR to 220MYR ($27-75).
· Trains and buses also service the airport into the city if you’d prefer to take public transport. Or you can aim for something in between a taxi and the public transport options and book an airport transfer with us.
· For drivers, there are agencies at the airport that rent out cars, but you can also use our car hire search tool for bookings if you’d like to have everything organised before you land.
Mode of payment
· Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
· Debit and credit cards should be accepted in most large establishments, but carrying cash will be easier for taxi rides, the bustling marketplaces, and smaller restaurants.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.