What can I do in Singapore?
Singapore is like a playground for adults; with world-class dining, high-end shopping, glitzy roof-top bars, and luxury hotels, there is plenty to love in Singapore. Read about the best places to enjoy the city’s nightlife by reading Skyscanner’s guide to the best bars in Singapore.
However, beyond the glitz there are some excellent attractions, such as touring the Gardens by the Bay, and the UNESCO-listed Botanic Gardens, or delving into the cuisine of Chinatown and Little India, or having a signature Singapore Sling at the effortlessly chic Raffles Hotel – a Singaporean landmark.
What airlines fly to Singapore?
- Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Emirates, British Airways, Virgin Australia, Fiji Airways, Qantas, Jetstar all operate flights to Singapore.
When is the best time to book?
- The best time to book flights to Singapore is typically 25 weeks in advance, but if you do not have that kind of notice then read our booking guide for advice on how to find cheap last minute flights.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers are issued a 30-day visa on arrival, though conditions of entry can change quickly, so please double check the travel requirements on the Smart Traveller’s information page on Singapore.
How long is the flight?
- Nonstop flights from most of the major Australian cities take 6-8 hours. From Darwin or Perth, the flight takes 4-5 hours.
When is the best time to visit Singapore?
- Singapore’s mean annual temperature is 27-31°C, so it is a good destination to visit any time of year.
What are the average costs in Singapore?
- Buying a cappuccino in Singapore will cost 5.40SGD ($5).
- The currency is in Singaporean Dollars (SGD).
What airport will I arrive at?
- You will arrive in Singapore Changi Airport, one of the world’s busiest aviation hubs. This airport has 3 modern terminals, and a huge range of amenities which include access to free WiFi, restaurants, cinemas, spas, gardens, duty-free shops, charging points, ATMs, and bureau de change services.
How to get from the airport to Singapore?
- Rail, bus, coach and shuttle services are the public transportation options in Singapore.
- Taxis into central Singapore cost between 20-35SGD ($19-33) and take 20-30 minutes. Avoid BMW and Mercedes models if you want to save money, as these vehicles charge a higher rate.
Any useful tips?
- Tipping 10% is encouraged at restaurants where you receive good service.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Singapore Changi
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.