Cheap flights from Cairns to Sydney
Flight information Cairns to Sydney
cheapest return price from Cairns to Sydney last month
airlines fly direct from Cairns to Sydney
flights a week from Cairns to Sydney
average flight time from Cairns to Sydney, total distance 1974 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Cairns to Sydney last month
Which airlines fly from Cairns to Sydney?
- Qantas, Tigerair, Virgin Australia, and Jetstar operate frequent nonstop flights to Sydney from Cairns.
- Read up on the best time to book domestic flights on Skyscanner’s dedicated guide page, and you’ll be snapping up cheap flights in no time.
How easy is it to depart from Cairns?
The Cairns Airport is the major link for residents of Cairns who want to explore the rest of Australia. This airport has 2 terminals.
- Domestic Terminal (T2) – Flights to Sydney will depart from this terminal.
At Cairns Airport, travellers can access information desks, WiFi, cash machines, a few shops, and numerous dining options. The terminals are connected via a 250m walkway.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Cairns?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Sydney?
Sydney Airport is the largest airport in the country, and provides tons of facilities within each of its 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 and 3 – are the domestic terminals for this airport.
T2 and T3 have amenities such as information desks, snack bars, restaurants, pubs, payphones, free WiFi, ATMs, and lots of shops. Virgin Australia and Qantas customers can transfer between terminals for free via the AirTrain or the T-Bus. All other customers will have to pay $6.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is a lot cooler and drier than Cairns, and you can expect average temperatures to hover at 18-26°C during the summer, and 9-17°C in the winter.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Cairns?
- Sydney and Cairns are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Sydney is an hour ahead of Cairns.
Is Sydney cheaper than Cairns?
Sydney is more expensive than Cairns, by about 10-40%. However, there’s always way to save money, if you’re travelling with family, we have accommodation ideas, including budget options, read our guide here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.