Cheap flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur
Flight information Sydney to Kuala Lumpur
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 6613 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Kuala Lumpur International and Kuala Lumpur Sultan Abdul Azziz Shah
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur?
- Malaysia Airlines and AirAsia X run nonstop flights to Kuala Lumpur from Sydney. Scoot and Singapore Airlines run connecting routes also.
- A price alert can notify you when your chosen route changes in price, whether that is lower or higher, so you can buy when the price is right.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is a modern airport with tons of international connections. It has 3 terminals in total.
- Terminal 1 – all international flights to Kuala Lumpur will depart from Terminal 1.
This terminal has currency exchange counters, duty-free outlets, restaurants and bars, VIP lounges, ATMs, charging points, and free WiFi. If you need to transfer between terminals, there are the T-Bus and AirTrain services. These options cost $6 per person or are free for Virgin Australia and Qantas flyers.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Kuala Lumpur?
Kuala Lumpur International Airport is Malaysia’s primary aviation hub, with 1 main terminal, and satellite terminal building.
- Main Terminal – flights from Sydney will likely fly into this terminal.
This terminal has bureau de change booths, ATMs, free WiFi, a post office, internet kiosks, a fitness centre, restaurants, bars, duty-free shops, medical services, and a spa. There is an Aerotrain that runs transfers between terminals.
What is the weather like in Kuala Lumpur?
- Kuala Lumpur typically hovers between 29-35°C. However, the best time of year to visit this city is during January-February or May-August when the weather is dry and temperate.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur?
- Kuala Lumpur is 3 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 2 hours behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Kuala Lumpur cheaper than Sydney?
Kuala Lumpur is a lot cheaper than Sydney, and saving money here is as easy as reading our budget guide to touring Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.