Cheap flights from Sydney to Wellington
Flight information Sydney to Wellington
cheapest return price from Sydney to Wellington last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Wellington
flights a week from Sydney to Wellington
average flight time from Sydney to Wellington, total distance 2229 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Wellington last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Wellington?
- Air New Zealand and Qantas operate nonstop flights to Wellington from Sydney.
- Use our best time to book guide for insider tips on how to find cheap flights to Wellington.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is Australia’s primary international hub, and you’ll find it is an easy airport to transit through. There are 3 terminals here.
- Terminal 1 – is Sydney’s International Terminal.
T1 has ATMs, lots of duty-free shops, restaurants and bars, currency exchange counters, public telephones, free WiFi, and premier lounges. Transfers to the other terminals are via the T-Bus and the AirTrain, both of which cost $6, or are free if you have flown in with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Wellington?
Wellington Airport is the primary hub for New Zealand’s capital city. There is 1 main terminal building at this airport.
- Main terminal – all incoming flights from Australia will be directed here.
There are ATMs, foreign exchange booths, restaurants, snack kiosks, gift shops, duty-free outlets, and free WiFi.
What is the weather like in Wellington?
- Wellington averages 17-21°C from September to May, but takes a dip in winter, seeing days of around 6°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Wellington?
- Wellington is 2 hours ahead of Sydney.
Is Wellington cheaper than Sydney?
For the most part, you’ll find that Wellington is cheaper than Sydney, making it an incredibly affordable destination. Wellington is one of the highlights of New Zealand’s North Island, read all about it here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.