Cheap flights from Cairns to Townsville
Flight information Cairns to Townsville
cheapest return price from Cairns to Townsville last month
airlines fly direct from Cairns to Townsville
flights a week from Cairns to Townsville
average flight time from Cairns to Townsville, total distance 284 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Cairns to Townsville last month
Which airlines fly from Cairns to Townsville?
- Qantas and Regional Express (REX) operate direct flights to Townsville from Cairns. Virgin Australia offers connecting flights.
- Check out our best time to book advice page for solid advice on how to find and book cheap flights.
How easy is it to depart from Cairns?
Cairns Airport is a popular hub to fly in and out of, given Cairns’ proximity to the Great Barrier Reef. This airport has 2 terminals, both of which are easy to navigate.
- Domestic Terminal (T2) – flights to Townsville will leave from here.
You’ll find shops, restaurants, VIP lounges, ATMs, and WiFi within this terminal. The Domestic Terminal is connected to the International Terminal via a walkway.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Cairns?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Townsville?
Townsville Airport is an important regional hub, and the main airport serving the city of Townsville.
- Main Terminal – flights from Cairns will arrive at this terminal.
Travellers will be able to utilise the free WiFi, cash machines, and the Qantas lounge, as well as duck into a few restaurants or the airport shop.
What is the weather like in Townsville?
- Townsville is between 25-30°C annually, so the climate is not too different from Cairns. Expect a lot of rain during the hot summer months.
Is there a time difference between Cairns and Townsville?
- There is no time difference between Cairns and Townsville.
Is the Townsville cheaper than Cairns?
Townsville is a bit more expensive than Cairns, but not by much. Read about how this is one of the best places to visit in North Queensland, and a good base for exploring more of this lovely state.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.