Cheap Flights to Brazil
Flights to Brazil
What can I do in Brazil?
Visit is Rio de Janeiro, undoubtedly the iconic city of Brazil, where you can see Christ the Redeemer, rock climb up Sugarloaf Mountain, and sunbathe on Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. See sprawling and cosmopolitan Sao Paolo in the south, or Brasília, the nation’s capital, named a modern UNESCO World Heritage Site for its contemporary architecture.
Of course, for a true adventure you can go to the Amazon Rainforest, and sail down the Amazon River. Stay in Alter do Chão, a town situated in a lagoon on the banks of this famous river. Or stand the famed Iguazu Falls, made up of 275 individual drops that create this spectacular natural water show. Read more about Brazil with our Top 10 Things to Do in Brazil here.
What airlines fly to Brazil?
- The major airlines to Brazil from Australia are Qantas, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, LATAM, Delta, Air Canada, Air China and Korean Air.
When is the best time to book?
- As early as possible. Look for your flights 6 months ahead of your planned travel dates for the best prices.
What are the visa requirements?
Australian travellers will need to apply for a visa before travelling to Brazil, go to the Smart Traveller page on Brazil for the latest information and details on how to apply.
How long is the flight to Brazil?
- Adelaide to Brazil – 20.5 hours
- Brisbane to Brazil – 20 hours
- Melbourne to Brazil – 24 hours
- Perth to Brazil – 26 hours
- Sydney to Brazil – 18 hours
*All time estimations for flights to Sao Paulo
When is the best time to visit Brazil?
- If you’re after warm weather, visit in the summer, when the temperatures are high and festivals like Carnaval take place. For less crowds, visit in the shoulder seasons, but if you’re going to the Amazon, it is recommended that you go in the winter.
What are the average costs in Brazil?
- A cappuccino in Brazil costs approximately 5.60BRL ($4.10).
- The currency is in Brazilian Real (BRL).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Brazil has a lot of major airports, but the top ones are the Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport, the Brasilia International Airport, and the Rio de Janeiro Galeão International Airport. All airport provide duty-free shopping, restaurants, ATMs, currency exchange, and free WiFi.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi fare into Sao Paulo from the airport costs approximately 80BRL ($32).
- A taxi fare into Brasilia from the airport costs approximately 60BRL ($24).
- A taxi fare into Rio de Janeiro from the airport costs approximately 50BRL ($20).
- Buses are the main form of public transportation in these cities.
Any useful tips?
- Staying safe is important in Brazil, and we have an extensive list of safety tips which you can read up on here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.