Cheap flights from Melbourne to Colombo
Flight information Melbourne to Kotte
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 8350 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Colombo Bandaranayake, Colombo Ratmalana, Diyawanna Oya and Kelaniya
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Colombo?
- Direct flights to Colombo from Melbourne are operated by SriLankan Airlines, but Emirates, AirAsia, and Qantas offer some connecting routes.
- Using price alerts means you will be notified via email when prices change, enabling you to keep an eye on the fares without having to check back every day.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
The Melbourne Tullamarine Airport functions as Melbourne’s primary international airport. This facility has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal for Melbourne Airport.
T2 has amenities which include free WiFi, duty-free shopping outlets, VIP lounges, restaurants, bars, charging points, information desks, currency exchange services and ATMs. You can walk between the terminals if you need to transfer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Colombo?
Colombo Bandaranaike Airport is Sri Lanka’s primary airport, situated in the city of Colombo.
- Main Terminal – all flights from Melbourne will be directed here.
Travellers will be able to access banks, ATMs, bureau de change services, a post office, WiFi, restaurants, café, duty-free shops, and a first aid centre.
What is the weather like in Colombo?
- Colombo averages 25-30°C year round, and has a tropical monsoon climate. The best months of the year to visit are typically between January and March.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Colombo?
- During Standard Time (ST) Colombo is 4.5 hours behind Melbourne, but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) it is 5.5 hours behind.
Is Colombo cheaper than Melbourne?
Colombo is far cheaper than Melbourne with costs coming in 50-75% less than in the Victorian city. If you’d like to save even more money, it might be worth going off the beaten track; read our Sri Lankan travel guide for more information.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.