Cheap flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney
Flight information Sunshine Coast to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 837 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Sydney and Sydney Palm Beach SPB
Which airlines fly from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and Qantas airlines run direct flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney daily.
- The easiest way to find cheap flights to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast, is to try our whole month search.
How easy is it to depart on flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney?
Sunshine Coast Airport is one of Queensland’s busiest airports, with several flights to Sydney departing every day. This airport has 1 terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney will depart from this terminal.
This airport has a good range of amenities, with several dining and shopping outlets, ATMs, payphones, free WiFi, and a visitor information desk.
Arrive at the Sunshine Coast Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Sydney is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Sydney Airport like?
The Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport is easy to navigate, and a good airport to travel to if you want to see Sydney city or take advantage of the 100 destinations that this airport offers. This airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Jetstar and Virgin Australia flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney fly into T2.
- Terminal 3 – Qantas flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney fly into T3.
Sydney’s domestic terminals feature cash machines, premier waiting lounges, free WiFi, charging stations, restaurants, and shops. Transfer to the international terminal (T1) via the Airtrain or the T-Bus for $6 – please note Virgin and Qantas customers can use this service for free.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney has a temperate climate with summers at roughly 25°C, and winters between 8-16°
Is there a time difference between the Sunshine Coast and Sydney?
- The Sunshine Coast and Sydney are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Sydney is 1 hour ahead.
Is Sydney cheaper than the Sunshine Coast?
Sydney is more expensive than the Sunshine Coast overall, but dining is often cheaper in Sydney out of the two cities. Added to that, you can find lots of cheap hotel deals in Sydney and there are a number of great free activities you can try in Sydney.
What about return flights from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast?
If you are planning a return journey, you can either use the Return feature when sorting out your outbound route, or you can read up on the journey and book via our Sydney to the Sunshine Coast page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.