Cheap flights from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney
Flight information Sunshine Coast to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 837 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Qantas, and Virgin Australia operate nonstop flights to Sydney every day.
- Use Skyscanner’s calendar tool to look for flights over a month, so you can purchase your fare on the cheapest dates.
How easy is it to depart from the Sunshine Coast?
The Sunshine Coast Airport is an easy airport to depart from, as it has one well-equipped terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney will depart from here.
Travellers will be able to duck into cafes, popular high street retailers, and gift shops. There are also amenities like ATMs, payphones, free WiFi, an internet kiosk, and an information desk.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from the Sunshine Coast?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Sydney?
Sydney Airport is the principal airport for Sydney, and it has 3 excellent terminals.
- Terminal 2 and 3 – flights from the Sunshine Coast will be directed here.
Terminals 2 and 3 feature ATMs, free WiFi, shops, information counters, as well as restaurants and bars. Transferring passengers can take the AirTrain or the T-Bus for $6. This fee is waived if you are flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney has a cooler climate than the Sunshine Coast, but summers are a pleasant 18-26°C, and winters are a mild average temperature of 9-17°C.
Is there a time difference between the Sunshine Coast and Sydney?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST) Sydney is 1 hour ahead of the Sunshine Coast. During Standard Time (ST) Sydney is in the same time zone as the Sunshine Coast.
Is Sydney cheaper than the Sunshine Coast?
No, Sydney is more expensive than the Sunshine Coast, but that doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. Choosing the right accommodation can help you cut costs, and we have a handy guide on where to stay in Sydney right here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.