Cheap flights from Melbourne Avalon to Adelaide
Flight information Melbourne Avalon to Adelaide
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 632 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Direct flights from Melbourne Avalon to Adelaide
Find the cheapest flights
Jetstar also offers connecting flights on this route that stop via the Gold Coast (OOL) and Sydney (SYD).
As there are only a couple of operators on this route it’s worth creating price alerts with Skyscanner in case there is a drop in the regular rates, so you can purchase the cheapest flights as they become available.
Melbourne Avalon Airport (AVV) information
· Adelaide Airport only has one main terminal, and public and private transport links are directed here.
· There are a number of ways to get to Adelaide Airport from the city centre, and as it’s a short distance you’ll find the journey should only take 15-30 minutes. You can take the Airport City Shuttle, which travels door-to-door and costs $10 per person. Adelaide Metro offers an express bus service called the JetExpress where you can use your Metrocard or buy a single ticket for under $4. Otherwise, there are taxis, which usually only cost $20-25 to get to Adelaide Airport.
· Melbourne Avalon Airport (AVV) is a small airport, but has enough facilities to appease any transiting passenger. There is a large café, games machines, a gift shop, an internet kiosk, and an information desk.
· When you land in Adelaide Airport (ADL) you’ll find ATMs, a coffee bar, food outlets, a few shops, as well as free WiFi and currency exchange services.
· There is only one main terminal in both airports, where all flights are directed too.
Time difference from Melbourne to Adelaide
· Adelaide is a half hour behind Melbourne.
· Adelaide is not as warm as Melbourne, but it is a very temperate city. The summer months see a daily average of 29°C. The shoulder seasons are cooler but still see highs of 20°C, and winters are mild at around 15°C.
Expect to pay
· Adelaide and Melbourne are fairly comparable in price across most living costs.
· A cappuccino in Adelaide should come to about $4.15.
Transportation to city centre
· A taxi cab from Adelaide Airport will cost approximately $20-25.
· You can take the Airport City Shuttle, or the public transportation option, the JetExpress. Alternatively, you can arrange an airport transfer online and be picked up when you land.
· For car hire, you can utilise our search tool, or go to the rental desks within Adelaide Airport.
Mode of payment
· Australian Dollar (AUD)
· You’ll find that all major payment methods are accepted in Adelaide, including credit and debit cards.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.