What can I do on Lord Howe Island?
Lord Howe Island is one of the most beautiful parts of Australia. This World Heritage listed island has been kept pristine, and is a paradise for anyone looking to enjoy crystalline waters, the white sand beaches, and the variety of adventure and leisure activities available here.
Go to Ned’s Beach and feed the rich marine life that live in the corals beneath the surface of the water, golf on the island’s famous course, paddle board along the coast, do a dive trip further out to sea, hike up Mount Gower, or duck into the Lord Howe Island Museum and Visitor Centre.
If none of that appeals, why not just take advantage of the sand, and sunbathe along the island’s coast, or sunbathe for the day in one of the most unspoilt regions of Australia.
What airlines fly to Lord Howe Island?
- Qantaslink is the only airline operating flights to Lord Howe Island, and these services are seasonal.
When is the best time to book?
- You can only fly to Lord Howe Island between February-June, and September-December. It is advised that you book as early as possible as there are limited flights available.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers will not need a visa, but if you are not a resident or citizen, we recommend to go to the Australian Embassy website to see the current conditions for entry.
How long is the flight?
- Non-stop flights are available from Sydney, Brisbane, or Port Macquarie, with flights lasting around 2 hours.
When is the best time to visit Lord Howe Island?
- The climate is mild all year around, but summer has the nicest temperatures averaging 25°C.
What are the average costs on Lord Howe Island?
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD)
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Lord Howe Airport is a small airport serving Lord Howe Island. All facilities like internet access, and ATMs, dining and shopping are found in the small town.
How to get from the airport to Lord Howe Island’s town?
- There is no public transport here, but all of the resorts offer pick ups. There are also bicycles and small vehicles available for hire.
Any useful tips?
- If you do choose to rent a car, please be aware that you will have to book a fair way in advance as numbers are limited.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of August 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Lord Howe Island
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.