Flights to Kenya
Flights to Kenya
Why visit Kenya?
The landscape of Kenya is a place of magic, where travellers have the option of exploring its extraordinary coastline, its dramatic interior filled with mountains, forests and savannahs, or its vibrant and friendly cities. Anyone visiting this country of rich contrasts will discover there is never a lack of things to do here; whether you’re hoping to set off on safari, relax on its glorious beaches, or explore the Kenyan townships, you will feel alive in this startling and remarkable country.
Things to do in Kenya
You will most likely fly into Nairobi, the capital and the most populous city in Kenya, and this is a perfect place to start. It is here where you will find all the big museums, such as the Nairobi National Museum, which charts the history of the country, and collects artefacts and art from Kenyan culture. The Karen Blixen Museum is also a popular highlight, as it is a museum of the Danish author’s home, and fans of Out of Africa can tour the house and the property. The home is also at the bottle of the Ngong Hills, and there are some beautiful trails you can walk along.
For the adventurers that are in Kenya for its incredible wildlife and terrain, there’s plenty to see. The national parks here are vast, and distinctive from one another, such as the Maasai Mara National Reserve, minded by the red-clothed Maasai tribe that oversees the Serengeti lands. Here you can see the migration of zebra, gazelles, wildebeest. Then there is the Lake Nakuru National Park, right in the middle of the country, a highlight on most itineraries because of its fame as a flamingo haven. Another must-see is the Amboseli National Reserve, famous for its views of Mount Kilimanjaro, and for the chance to see the large herds of elephants traipse across the landscape.
Best time to visit Kenya
· For adventurers on safari, typically the best time of year to go is between June and October, when the wildlife is migrating. Average temperatures are usually about 23-27°C.
· The wet season from November to May is when the country is very beautiful, as everything becomes more lush. You’ll find the prices are lower, because this is the quieter season. If you do visit during this time, go between November to February, when the showers are usually short, and in the afternoon.
Flights to Kenya
· There are two international airports in Kenya, the Moi International Airport (MBA) in Mombasa, and the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO) in Nairobi. You can fly to Mombasa, but you will be likely directed through Nairobi’s airport as that is the major international hub of the country.
· From the big cities of Australia, such as Sydney (SYD), Melbourne (MEL), Brisbane (BNE), and Perth (PER), you can reach Nairobi with only one diversion. These usually take place in Dubai (DXB), Bangkok (BKK), and Johannesburg (JNB).
· Carriers operating flights to Nairobi can fly with Kenya Airways, Virgin Australia, Emirates, Air Mauritius, China Southern, Qatar Airways, Qantas, British Airways, South African Airways and Etihad Airways.
· Kenyan Shilling (KES).
· You will need a visa for entry into Kenya if you are Australian, but recently Kenya has allowed this to be obtained on arrival through their new e-visa portal. It is important to double check all requirements with the Kenyan High Commission, and you can find links, information, and updates on the Smart Traveller’s dedicated page on Kenya.
Please note that information is correct as of October 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.