Cheap flights from Melbourne to Manchester
Flight information Melbourne to Manchester
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 16981 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Direct flights from Melbourne to Manchester
There are no direct flights from Melbourne to Manchester, and all carriers will incorporate a stopover or two, usually via Singapore (SIN), Doha (DOH), Dubai (DXB) and Abu Dhabi (AUH).
Find the cheapest flights
You’ll find a decent amount of carriers that will fly to Manchester along this route, and these are Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, American Airlines, Qantas and KLM.
Sign up for our price alerts to keep ahead of any changes in fares, and snag the best deals on routes from Melbourne to Manchester.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) information
· You’ll find the public transport links to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport are very good, and changing terminals isn’t a problem as they are all accessible by foot.
· Make your way to MEL Airport via taxi, shuttle or bus all of which take 20-40 minutes. A cab journey will cost $55-65, whilst the popular express Skybus service is $19 for a one-way ticket. The Starbus or VHA shuttles operate door-to-door services and charge $18-25 for each passenger. Lastly, there are public buses that are the least expensive at $4 per ticket, but can take up to 90 minutes to get from the city to the airport.
· Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport (MEL) has a plethora of excellent facilities, such as free WiFi, eateries, bars, shops, ATMs, and even a pet hotel!
· Manchester Airport (MAN) has a huge variety of fast food restaurants, snack bars, and coffee kiosks. As well as a number of retail stores selling electronics, fashion and books. MAN Airport has free WiFi, cash machines and currency exchange.
· From Melbourne, passengers flying internationally will depart from Terminal 2, and in Manchester you will transit through either Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Time difference from Melbourne to Manchester
· Manchester is nine hours behind Melbourne.
· Manchester isn’t as warm as Melbourne on the whole, but it isn’t a city of extreme temperatures. The summers are still delightful, with temperate averages of 19-20°C, and the winters can see chilly days of 6°C.
Expect to pay
· Manchester and Melbourne are relatively comparable in living prices, but you will find that the restaurants in this city tend to be more expensive, whilst the drinks tend to be much cheaper.
· A coffee in the great city of Manchester will run you about 2.50GBP ($5).
Transportation to city centre
· Taking a taxi from MAN Airport into central Manchester will cost about 26GBP ($48).
· If you’d like to rent a car for the duration of your stay in Manchester, or just want to arrange an airport pick-up in advance, you can use Skyscanner’s search tools to make the process as easy as possible.
Mode of payment
· British Pound (GBP)
· You can use both credit and debit cards in Manchester, as these are widely accepted.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.