Cheap flights from the Gold Coast to Cairns
Flight information Gold Coast to Cairns
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1486 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from the Gold Coast to Cairns?
- Jetstar and Hong Kong Airlines offer regular direct flights to Cairns from the Gold Coast, with Jetstar offering daily connections. Qantas and Virgin Australia offer connecting routes.
- Utilise Skyscanner’s price alerts system for the inside track on cheap fares as they become available.
How easy is it to depart from the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast Airport is one of the busiest airports in Australia, and connects the Gold Coast to exciting domestic and international destinations. This airport has one terminal
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney will leave from this terminal.
Lounges, ATMs, free WiFi, currency exchange services, shops, information desks, and several restaurants are available at this airport for travellers to use.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from the Gold Coast?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving at Cairns Airport?
The Cairns Airport is the gateway airport for travellers looking to explore both the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- Domestic Terminal (T2) – Flights from the Gold Coast will arrive in this terminal.
Cairns Airport provides wireless internet, ATMs, a few shops and restaurants, as well as information desks and VIP lounges. The two terminals are connected via a 250m walkway.
What is the weather like in Cairns?
- Cairns generally sits at about 29°C throughout the year, with the winter being the most popular time of year to visit, when the days are dry and between 18 and 26°C.
Is there a time difference between the Gold Coast and Cairns?
- There is no time difference between the Gold Coast and Cairns
Is Cairns cheaper than the Gold Coast?
Cairns is more expensive than the Gold Coast in general, but you can save money in this city by reading our budget guide on Cairns.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.