Cheap flights from Melbourne to Amritsar
Flight information Melbourne to Amritsar
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 10604 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Amritsar?
- Air India, Etihad Airways, and Qatar Airways operate code-share and connecting flights from Melbourne to Amritsar.
- For long-haul flights it may be helpful to read our best time to book guide so you can secure the cheapest flights in your time frame.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the major hub for international routes. This is an easy airport to transit through, as there are 4 well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 2 – handles the international traffic for this airport.
There are ATMS, payphones, free WiFi, bureau de change desks, duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, coffee kiosks, charging points, and information desks. All terminals can be walked to.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know when arriving in Amritsar?
Amritsar Airport serves Amritsar, and is the main aviation hub for this city. This airport has only 1 terminal.
- Main Terminal – All international flights will be directed here.
Amenities at Amritsar Airport include foreign exchange services, cash machines, information services, free WiFi, duty-free shops and restaurants.
What is the weather like in Amritsar?
- Summer days average 42°C, and this is followed by the monsoon months which average 30°C. Winters are typically the recommended time to visit, when the days are 11-23°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Amritsar?
- Amritsar is 4.5 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 5.5 hours behind Melbourne during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Amritsar cheaper than Melbourne?
Amritsar is a lot cheaper than Melbourne, with typical costs coming in 70-90% lower than in Australia. Utilise the savings to visit the attractions of Amritsar, such as the Golden Temple.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.