Cheap Flights to Tonga
Flights to Tonga
What can I do in Tonga?
Go to Nuku’alofa, on Tongatapu, the capital of the country, and see the ancient Nukuleka Lapita Sites, then tour the Royal Palace and St. Joseph’s Cathedral. Outside of the main city, the natural attractions of this country are calling you; visit ‘Eua National Park, and hike its forested trails.
Hit the beaches of Fafa, Ofu, or the stretches on the Pangaimotu Islands, and find your very own private piece of paradise. Don’t forget to pop on your snorkel gear and dive below the shallow reef waters to see the rainbow fish and colourful corals. Read about how Tonga is one of the most affordable Oceanic destinations for Australian travellers.
What airlines fly to Tonga?
- Organising a holiday to Tonga will usually mean booking flights with airlines like Fiji Airways, Air New Zealand, and Virgin Australia.
When is the best time to book?
- As soon as possible. Rule of thumb is that planning your flights 6 months in advance will yield the cheapest fares.
What are the visa requirements?
Australians can enter Tonga for up to 30 days without a visa, but entry conditions are subject to change and it is important you check requirements before you leave. Please see the Smart Traveller advice page on Tonga for more information.
How long is the flight to Tonga?
- Adelaide to Tonga – 13.5 hours
- Brisbane to Tonga – 13 hours
- Melbourne to Tonga – 8 hours
- Perth to Tonga – 12.5 hours
- Sydney to Tonga – 5 hours
When is the best time to visit Tonga?
- Tonga averages 26-30°C annually, but the best time to visit is between May and October when the weather is at its driest.
What are the average costs in Tonga?
- A cappuccino in Tonga costs approximately 6.25TOP ($3.70).
- The currency is in Tongan Pa’Anga (TOP).
What airport will I arrive at?
- You will likely be directed to the Fua’amotu International Airport, which is the largest airport in the country. This airport has currency exchange, a duty-free shop, a café, gift stores, an airport lounge
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi fare into Nuku’alofa from the airport costs approximately 40TOP ($23).
- There are usually hotel transfers available (these need to be pre-booked), and there are mini buses as a public transportation option.
Any useful tips?
- Most vendors and restaurants will only accept cash, so make sure you carry some with you on a day to day basis.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.