Cheap flights from Sydney to Chennai
Flight information Sydney to Chennai
cheapest return price from Sydney to Chennai last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Chennai
average flight time from Sydney to Chennai, total distance 9137 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Chennai last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Chennai?
- Flights to Chennai are connecting or code-share routes, usually operated by Qantas, Malaysia Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
- Learn how to save money when booking by reading our advice page on how to find the best flight deals.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the main international hub for Australia, with 3 modern terminals, which are easy to depart from.
- Terminal 1 – Flights and connecting routes to Chennai will depart from here.
Terminal 1 offers plenty of amenities, including duty-free shops, bars, snack kiosks, restaurants, currency exchange services, information desks, and free WiFi. If you want to transfer to or from the domestic terminals you can do so via the T-Bus and the AirTrain, which cost $6, or free-of-charge if you are a customer of Virgin Australia or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Chennai?
The Chennai International Airport serves Chennai, which is one of the busiest airports in India. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- Terminals 2 – Is the international terminal for Chennai.
Terminal 2 has currency exchange services, cash machines, paid-for WiFi access, restaurants, snack kiosks, duty-free shops, a pharmacy, gift stores, and a medical service. The terminals are connected by a walkway, but there are shuttle services that can ferry you between the two.
Taxis to central Chennai have an average fare of 250-350INR ($5-7) depending on traffic.
What is the weather like in Chennai?
- Chennai has hot summers that average 30-40°C, and a pleasant winter of 15-22°C that takes place between November and February. The monsoon season is from April to October.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Chennai?
- Chennai is 4.5 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 5.5 hours behind during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Chennai cheaper than Sydney?
Chennai is much cheaper than Sydney, across all costs. If you’re looking forward to the cheap cuisine in India, it is worth noting that this country is one of the world’s top Vegetarian destinations, and is perfect if you’re looking to explore new culinary delights.
- In Chennai, a dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant will cost you around 600INR ($12).
- A cappuccino in Chennai is about 110INR ($2.15).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.