Cheap flights from Perth to Sydney
Flight information Perth to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3283 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Sydney and Sydney Au-Rose Bay
Which airlines fly from Perth to Sydney?
- Qantas and Virgin Australia offer numerous nonstop flights to Sydney from Perth.
- Jetstar and Tigerair also run direct flights to Sydney, please note that these often depart late at night.
- Setting up a price alert for flights from Perth to Sydney can help you keep on top of changing prices, so you can snag a bargain as it becomes available.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Perth to Sydney?
Perth Airport is an easy airport to get to from the city centre, and operates lots of direct flights to Sydney. Perth airport has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Virgin Australia flights from Perth to Sydney depart from T1.
- Terminal 2 – Tigerair flights from Perth to Sydney depart from T2.
- Terminal 3 – Jetstar flights from Perth to Sydney depart from T3.
- Terminal 4 – Qantas flights from Perth to Sydney depart from T4.
All of the terminals at Perth Airport are equipped with ATMs, dining and shopping outlets, free WiFi, and information counters. Terminals 3 and 4 are connected to one another, and you can walk between them. Transfers between any of the other terminals are via a free ad efficient shuttle service.
Arrive at Perth Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Sydney is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Perth to Sydney?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Sydney Airport like?
Sydney Airport is the major airport for Sydney city, offering numerous domestic and international routes. Sydney Airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Virgin Australia, Tigerair and Jetstar flights to Sydney from Perth arrive here.
- Terminal 3 – Qantas flights to Sydney from Perth arrive here.
Both of the domestic terminals at Sydney Airport provide travellers with access to ATMs, public telephones, restaurants, bars, free WiFi, shops, and VIP lounges. These terminals are connected, and you can walk between them. For transfers to the International Terminal (T1), take the T-Bus or the AirTrain. A single fare is $6, but this is waived if you are flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is often a bit cooler than Perth, with summer days averaging 20-27°C, and mild but rainy winters of 8-10°C.
Is there a time difference between Perth and Sydney?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), Sydney is 3 hours ahead of Perth. During Standard Time (ST), Sydney is 2 hours ahead of Perth.
Is Sydney cheaper than Perth?
Sydney is more expensive than Perth, but happily not when it comes to dining. On average eating out in Sydney will cost you 5% less. You’ll also find that lots of Sydney’s best attractions are free. However, if you’re looking to save some serious money on your holiday to Sydney, you can use our hotel comparison tool to look for cheap hotels in Sydney.
What about return flights from Sydney to Perth?
For return flights, you can either press the Return button whilst searching for your outbound journey, or go to our dedicated Sydney to Perth flights page, and read about the details of the journey, such as the Sydney to Perth flight time.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.