Cheap Flights to Slovenia
Flights to Slovenia
Slovenia isn’t often featured on must-see lists of places to visit in Europe, but it should be. Nestled between Italy, Croatia, Austria and Hungary, this country has some of the most spectacular scenery on the continent. The terrain undulates in valleys, mountains, mirrored lakes, and pine forest, all of which hide hamlets and churches, waterfalls, beaches, and bays. You will find yourself reaching for your camera at every turn, and wondering why you didn’t fly to this country sooner. Come to Slovenia, Europe’s secret beauty.
Things to do in Slovenia
Ljubljana is a wonderful place to kick off a trip to Slovenia, with its gorgeous Old Town, charming Baroque architecture, and its relatively small size, you can see a lot in the space of a short time. There are the big attractions like the Castle, but simply walking through the waterways, bridges, and squares of this colourful city will utterly enchant you.
In fact, you’ll find it hard not to feel bewitched by this country as you tour its towns and cities. From the terracotta rooftops and wide sunlit squares of coastal Piran, which strikes out from a spit into the Adriatic Sea, to the alpine haven of Vogel, set between the snowcapped peaks of the Alps, you can find a little magic wherever you go in Slovenia.
However, an absolute highlight is the gorgeous Lake Bled. Perhaps the most popular destination in the country, this mirrored lake holds within its centre a church placed on an island that was surely built for the heroine of a Grimm story. You can take a boat across the serene waters, and ring the church bell. Or head up to Bled Castle, tour the excellent museum, and treat yourself to one of the best views in Slovenia.
Best time to visit Slovenia
· Summer (June-August) is a lovely time of year to travel to Slovenia as the days are at their warmest, generally reaching about 20°C. Be advised that this is also peak season for travellers, and you may find the hotels and the attractions are fairly crowded.
· The shoulder seasons are much cooler, but make up for it with a quieter scene altogether and better deals across the country. Expect averages of about 10-14°C.
Flights to Slovenia
· The Ljubljana Joze Pucnik Airport (LJU) is the primary airport in the country, and you will likely fly into this port.
· Flying from any city in Australia will mean a minimum of two stops. You’ll find the first stop is often in Singapore (SIN), with a secondary one in a European hub like Vienna (VIE) or Amsterdam (AMS).
· Hop aboard a flight to Slovenia with EVA Air, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Air Serbia. Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Adria, Air Franc and Austrian Airlines.
· Euro (EUR).
· As part of the Schengen Convention, Australian travellers will not need a visa to travel through Slovenia, and should be granted a leave to stay for up to 90 days. Double check these conditions before you fly on the Smart Traveller’s website page on Slovenia.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.