What can I do on the Gold Coast?
The gleaming stretch of shoreline known as the Gold Coast has lured visitors to its shores for decades thanks to its incredible beaches, fun theme parks, trendy restaurants and bars, and the excellent shopping. Welcome to the Gold Coast, the holiday getaway destination of Australia.
Spend some time in Surfer’s Paradise, which is home to many of the luxury hotels, chic bars, buzzing clubs, glitzy casinos and fine restaurants of the Gold Coast. Not to mention the 3km of patrolled golden beach. However, if you’d rather opt for a little tranquility there are a few options along the lengthy coast, such as trendy Burleigh Heads.
Otherwise, take the kids to meet their favourite superheroes at Warner Bros. Movie World, or to cuddle koalas at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, or set them loose on the thrilling rollercoasters at Dreamworld for a memorable experience on the Gold Coast.
What airlines fly to the Gold Coast?
- Qantas, Tigerair, Virgin Australia, Scoot, AirAsia, and Air New Zealand all fly into the Gold Coast.
When is the best time to book?
- From the eastern coast, you should book at least 5 weeks ahead, but any further afield and we recommend booking as soon as possible. However, if you’re looking for last minute flights, we have a great booking guide that can still help you save money.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers will not need a visa, but if you are not a resident or citizen, we recommend to go to the Australian Embassy website to see the current conditions for entry.
How long is the flight?
- Non-stop from Sydney or Melbourne will take you 1-2 hours, from Perth the flight is 4 hours.
When is the best time to visit the Gold Coast?
- March to May are the nicest months to visit, when the days are 25°C and still dry.
What are the average costs on the Gold Coast?
- Buying a cappuccino on the Gold Coast will cost about $4.30.
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD)
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Gold Coast Airport is one of Australia’s busiest hubs. This single terminal airport comes with free WiFi access, ATMs, a couple of VIP lounges, duty-free shopping, information desks, currency exchange counters, and restaurants.
How to get from the airport to the Gold Coast?
- Buses, and shuttle services are the public transportation options available.
- A taxi to Surfer’s Paradise will cost you around $35-60.
Any useful tips?
- Tipping isn’t expected, but often appreciated. Expect the more expensive restaurants to add on a service charge.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Gold Coast
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.