Cheap Flights to Panama
Flights to Panama
The extraordinary country of Panama has the advantage of being a child of Central America and of the Caribbean. You will find lots of colonial history here and cosmopolitan cities, but you will also find pristine white-sand beaches, and emerald rainforests. Enjoy fine dining, sunbathing, hiking, diving, and wildlife safaris all within this gorgeous strip of land that connects the two American continents.
Things to do in Panama
You’d be surprised at the amount of things you can do in this tiny nation; though it may not be as big as the sprawling countries to the south, Panama has more than enough to keep you occupied. Begin your trip in Panama City, see the ruins of the 16th century Old Town, and see its 17th century colonial replacement, Casco Viejo, one of the most vibrant and historical parts of the city. Make sure you make time for the incredible Panama Canal, considered to be one of the most important pieces of engineering in the world, allowing ships to travel down its 77km waterway to and connect to the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
Then while you are investigating the history of the country, make sure you stop by Bocas Town, where Christopher Columbus trod in 1502. Today, this place is one of the most popular dive spots in the world, with lots of colourful reefs to investigate. However, if you really want a marine experience, then go to the Coiba National Marine Park, where you can both snorkel and dive. Situated on the Pacific Coast you may be lucky enough to encounter a gentle Whale Shark, or serene Manta Rays in these waters.
If you were hoping to spend the majority of your time soaking in the sun on a gorgeous beach, you will have more than enough opportunities for that. Go to the hippie haven of Playa Las Lajas, which offers 13km of undeveloped beach, or hit up the surf in Santa Catalina. If you’d like a livelier social scene, then go to Isla Taboga, where brightly painted houses hide restaurants, bars, and wee shops you can browse in.
Best time to visit Panama
· Panama’s temperature gauge doesn’t swing much above or below 30°C all year around, so the best time to visit is during the country’s fairly short dry season. This takes place between December and the start of April, and is often one of the busiest times of year, but certainly the most pleasant.
· If you visit during May and November, you have to be prepared for it to rain at least one during the day. Though this can be ideal if you are planning to visit the waterfalls of this country, or want to white water raft, as the swells in the rivers create the best conditions for this.
Flights to Panama
· Most international flights to the skinny country of Panama will be directed to the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) in Panama City, the country’s primary aviation hub.
· There won’t be any direct flights you can choose from, but luckily most flights from Australia’s east coast cities will only involve one stop, typically in Los Angeles (LAX). However, from the western and northern coastal cities, you will be diverted through at least two cities.
· Making the trip out to Panama can be done with several carriers, including COPA, Qantas, United, American Airlines, Delta, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, and China Airlines.
· Panamanian Balboa (PAB).
· Travelling to Panama as an Australian means that you can enter Panama for up to 180 days as long as you have at least 6 months validity left on your passport. To find out about the departure tax costs, and requirements concerning return tickets, please go to the Smart Traveller website, as they have a page dedicated to Panama where you can find more information.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.