Cheap Flights to Jordan
Flights to Jordan
Jordan is the darling of the Middle East, with its slick and contemporary cities, the windswept dunes of its arid deserts, and the glorious treasures of its ancient attractions. Here you can see forums and amphitheatres where the Romans once traded, medieval castles where the country was once ruled, and the ancient city of Petra, where kings are buried.
Things to do in Jordan
When you make the decision to fly to Jordan, you will likely be welcomed into Amman first. As the capital of the country, you’ll find a mixture of modern and ancient attractions, from Roman ruins, to contemporary art galleries. You must also visit Aqaba, though it isn’t as slick as the capital, you’ll find that there’s a slower way of life here allowing you to access the lovely coastal beaches, explore the Yamanieh coral reef, and more importantly—try the excellent cuisine.
Outside of the cities you will find that there are scads of caravans making their way across the burning sands of the desert, and embarking on a camel safari to Wadi Rum can mean the chance to discover, and learn about the Bedouin way of life. Spend a night under the stars, socialise in a carpeted tent, and eat sweet curry in the endless plains.
You should also make a bypass for the Dead Sea, where you can float in its salty waters, and cover yourself in the mineral rich mud, which is vaunted for being revitalising.
And then there is Petra; a city so beautiful and astounding it doesn’t seem real. Tread the age-old steps of the great men and women who built the city of tombs and temples by carving them into the rock face. We dare you not to find a little magic in those ancient corridors.
Best time to visit Jordan
· Jordan is a desert nation and as such is always warm. However, the shoulder months are the best time of year to visit, as the weather is in the late 20s, and is perfect for all manner of sightseeing, beach bumming, and caravanning around the country.
· Be warned, if you visit in summer you can see temperatures as high as 40°C, so take sunscreen and pack a hat.
Flights to Jordan
· The major airport in Jordan is the Queen Alia International Airport (AMM) in the city of Amman, and if you are flying from Australia, your flight will likely land here.
· Jordan is a huge bucket-list destination for people all over the world, so there are lots of routes available to travellers from Australia from all cities around the country. Expect at least one layover, in cities like Bangkok (BKK), or Doha (DOH).
· You’ll find routes to Jordan with Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Emirates, Thai Airways, Malaysia Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
· Jordanian Dinar (JOD).
· Jordan allows Australian nationals to apply for a visa on arrival, which you can do at the airport you fly into. For more information on any costs associated with this, how long you can stay, and whether it would be better to apply in advance, please go to the Smart Traveller’s advice page on travel to Jordan.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.