Flights to Czech Republic
Flights to Czechia
For one of Europe’s smaller countries, the Czech Republic has a list of attractions that can go head to head with any of the continent’s big hitters. The nation lays claim to one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, Prague, whose bridges, spires and lights have inspired art throughout the ages, and beyond the capital’s cobbled streets you will find a pristine landscape worth exploring. See the castles nestled in the rolling fields, hills and forests of this beautiful country, and learn about its impressive history in its storied capital.
Things to do in Czech Republic
You cannot visit the Czech Republic without going to the jewel in its crown, the breathtaking Prague. In this city by the river you can visit the impressive Prague Castle, the terribly romantic Charles Bridge, the Gothic St. Vitus Cathedral, or the remarkable libraries and galleries of the city. Make time for the Old Town Square, it is here where you’ll find the recognisable Tyn Church, and Clementium, as well as the extraordinary Astronomical Clock that was constructed in the 15th century. This is a great place to walk, shop and eat, as the world will pass you by here in these medieval streets.
North of this square, you will also come to the city’s Jewish Quarter. This section of the city has a fascinating and moving history, and a great deal of cultural and architectural treasures, such as the Spanish Synagogue, the Jewish Ceremonial Hall, and the Old Jewish Cemetery.
Outside of Prague, you can visit the Bohemian Paradise, a UNESCO listed park, named for its remarkable natural beauty. See the unusual rock formations that strike upwards to the sky, and walk along the many trails that will take you through forests, hills and these basalt pillars. Or if you’d prefer something a little more relaxing, visit the pretty town of Karlovy Vary, known for its hotels, spas and wellness centres.
Best time to visit Czech Republic
· The shoulder seasons, spring and autumn, are typically the best time to visit the Czech Republic. The prices are lower in the gorgeous city of Prague, and across the country than they are in the summer months, and the temperature sits at about 15-20°C.
· Summers are popular for the beautiful countryside and the townships, the temperature hovers around 23-24°C, and if you like the heat, this is the time to come.
· Winter is enchanting, as a lot of the country receives some snow. The Czechs love to celebrate the Christmas months, so if you are after a white winter, booking a trip during this season is sure to be magical.
Flights to Czech Republic
· The Vaclav Havel Airport (PRG)is the main international airport in the Czech Republic, and its capital of Prague. If you travel on long-haul flights from Australia, you will fly into this hub.
· Flights to Prague will leave from Perth (PER), Melbourne (MEL), Adelaide (ADL), Sydney (SYD) and Brisbane (BNE). From some Australian hubs, you will only have to make one connection, which will most likely be in Shanghai (PVG) or Dubai (DXB).
· Czech Airlines, Korean Air, Sichuan Airlines, Emirates, Qantas, China Eastern, Delta, and British Airways fly to the Czech Republicfrom Australia.
· Czech Koruna (CZK).
· As a member of the Schengen agreement, Australians may enter the Czech Republic for 90 days over a six month period. Double checking the conditions before you travel is easy, just hop on the smart traveller portal and find the Czech Republic pagefor all the latest updates.
Please note that information is correct as of August 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.