Cheap Flights to Romania
Flights to Romania
Romania is perhaps best known across the world as being the home of the infamous Dracula, but it is so much more. It is a place that will inspire a little magic to stir in your soul as you travel through its medieval villages and towns, into its black forests, atop its rising mountains and along its incredible coastline. Why not create your own fairytale in this gorgeous country? Come to the enchanting kingdom of Romania.
Things to do in Romania
One of the things you must do whilst you are in Romania is go on a castle tour, as they are truly spectacular in this country. There is the 15th century Corvin Castle in Transylvania, considered to be a brilliant example of the Gothic Renaissance style, and the 19th century Peles Castle hidden within the reaches of the Carpathian Mountains, and quite remarkable looking with its dark spires.
There is of course, the notorious Bran Castle, known as the vampire’s haven since Bram Stoker put pen to pad. The true history of the castle is just as fascinating as its fictional one, as this castle has stood since the 14th century when the Saxons wanted to build a stone fortress here, and was the favoured escape of Queen Marie. Today it is a museum, and an absolute must-see.
You will also be impressed by the enchanting countryside where these castles are set, from flowering valleys, to dense forests, and surrounding hamlets, you will feel like the protagonist of your own adventure story.
However, you must not skip the cities of Romania, of which Bucharest and Iasi are the prominent players. In the former, you can tour the Palace of the Parliament, the Romanian National History Museum, and Revolution Square. In the latter, you must make time for the imposing Palace of Culture, home to four museums that look at history, science and technology, ethnography, and art.
Best time to visit Romania
· Typically, the most popular time to go to Romania is during its warm summer seasons (June-August) when the averages are a delightful 20°C. Though this can rise substantially with the odd heat wave, this is the perfect time of year to visit the Black Sea resort towns.
· Shoulder seasons are ideal for touring the castles, partially because the foliage is either blossoming or in a riot of reds, oranges, and yellows, but mostly because the tourists are fewer. Expect the days to swing between lows off 5°C and highs of 17°C.
· Winters don’t tend to rise above freezing, but if you are hoping to see some of the medieval sites covered in a carpet of snow, this is a great time of year to book.
Flights to Romania
· The Henri Coanda International Airport (OTP) in the capital of Romania, Bucharest, is the largest and busiest airport in the country.
· Despite this being a long-haul journey, there are some flights from Australia to Romania that only require you to stop once. However, most routes will be diverted twice; once through cities like Dubai (DXB), Singapore (SIN), or Doha (DOH), and once through cities like Istanbul (IST), or Amsterdam (AMS).
· Qatar Airways, Emirates, TAROM, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Qants, Etihad Airways, Cathay Pacific, Alitalia, KLM, Lufthansa, Air Serbia, and EVA Air, are just some of the airlines flying routes to Romania.
· Romanian Leu (RON).
· Romania allows Australian passport holders to enter, and travel the country for up to three months. You will not need to apply for a visa to obtain entry, though it is important to double check these conditions before you travel to ensure these restrictions still apply. Visit the Smart Traveller advice portal, and read up on their dedicated Romania site.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.