What can I do in Ahmedabad?
Begin your tour with some of the wonderful forts, temples and palaces of this city, such as the Bhadra Fort, the Adalaj Step Well, and the palatial Jumma Masjid Mosque. Visit the city’s most celebrated landmarks, such as Manek Chowk situated in the heart of the old city, and the main place to try Gujarati street food, shop in the crowded markets, and pop into the local temples.
Just outside the city you will find the serene Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary, where you can see flamingoes, cranes, ibis, and cormorants feed and fly over these wetlands. Read our solo-traveller's guide for hints and tips to travel in India.
What airlines fly to Ahmedabad?
- If you are planning to travel to Ahmedabad from Australia, you can find flights with Air India, Singapore Airlines, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Thai Airways, and many more.
When is the best time to book?
- For flights to Ahmedabad, the best time to book is 25 weeks in advance. Skyscanner’s last minute booking guide is helpful if you need to book sooner.
What are the visa requirements?
- India has rolled out a new e-Visa system for Australian nationals. Read more about the visa process by going to the Australian Foreign Affairs site and their page on India.
How long is the flight to Ahmedabad?
- Adelaide to Ahmedabad – 16-17 hours
- Brisbane to Ahmedabad – 16-17 hours
- Melbourne to Ahmedabad – 15-16 hours
- Perth to Ahmedabad – 12-17 hours
- Sydney to Ahmedabad – 15-16 hours
When is the best time to visit Ahmedabad?
- Winter (November to February) is the best time of year to go to this city, as the temperature is between 15-30°C.
What are the average costs in Ahemedabad?
- Buying a cappuccino in Ahmedabad costs 85INR ($1.70).
- The currency is in Indian Rupee (INR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Ahmedabad Airport (AMD) is the premier airport for the city of Ahmedabad. There are ATMs, currency exchange services, food concessions, WiFi access, charging points, and shops.
How to get from the airport into Ahmedabad?
- Getting a taxi from Ahmedabad from the airport will cost 350INR ($7).
- Buses are the primary mode of public transportation in this city.
Any useful tips?
- Haggling for your taxi fare is pretty normal, just make sure you agree a price before you hop in if your driver is not prepared to put on the meter.
- It is advised that you dress conservatively, especially if you are visiting religious sites.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Ahmedabad
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.