In partnership with
Holidays offer a host of benefits – from discovering new cultures to taking time for yourself to unwind. What many people don’t consider is that a holiday can start when you step onto the plane, not when you step off. By booking with an airline that offers a top-quality experience in the air, you can arrive at your destination relaxed and ready to explore.
In 2019, Qatar Airways won Skytrax’s highly acclaimed Airline of the Year award. Something that anyone who has flown with the airline will appreciate. This is no one-off either – Qatar Airways has won this accolade five times in the last decade, a world-first for any airline. If you want a pleasant flight experience, it’s the obvious place to look.
Why Qatar Airways?
As well as being one of the world’s top airlines, Qatar Airways has a host of benefits for travellers. For Australians, they offer a huge range of destinations – more than 160 – with daily departures from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra. This includes 55 European airports, all with a stop in Doha that you can easily turn into an extended holiday.
As a oneworld partner, flights with Qatar Airways go to your accrued points, and you can use other oneworld airlines to extend your destination options. There are currently 13 full-time members (and 30 affiliate members), including British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas.
What is Qatar Airways’ economy class like?
Economy class passengers on Qatar Airways get one of the best experiences in the sky. When you book your flight, you’ll be privy to the following benefits:
- A world of comfort: you’ll get one of the bigger seats in the industry (for this class), with extra comfort provided by a complimentary amenities kit on long-haul flights. Passengers also get free seat selection and 30kg of checked baggage as standard.
- Renowned hospitality:
- Non-stop entertainment: during your flight, you can choose from up to 4000 entertainment options (while enjoying cinema-style snacks).
- Onboard cuisine: the meals are of a higher quality than those you might expect from an airline, with high-class chefs involved in the menu preparation.
- Family fun: as well as the on-screen entertainment, activity packs are available for children.
- Connectivity: gone are the days when being on a plane meant you are closed off from the world — Wi-Fi is available on a number of Qatar Airways flights.
What is Qatar Airways’ business class like?
As well as winning Skytrax’s Airline of the Year (2019), Qatar Airways was awarded the World’s Best Business Class.
If you plump for the upgrade, you’ll fly in a pod chair with the capacity to fold out into a horizontal bed. Your amenity kit will include extras such as pyjamas, lip balm and hydrating facial mist.
You’ll also get a second entertainment device, so you can play games on a handheld contraption while watching a film on your main screen.
You can also get up from your seat and spend time at the onboard bar and order meals when your stomach wants them, not when a time table dictates you have them.
Business class passengers can enjoy the revolutionary Qsuite option (currently flying from Sydney, Adelaide and Canberra). This provides:
- Award-winning hospitality while you board, eat, drink and throughout the entire flight
- Incredible comfort while you sit or lie down on a double bed, snuggling under a quilted duvet.
- Signature delicacies that you can order at any time of the flight, served on white linen and a candle-lit service.
- Ultimate privacy with a slide door that you control and a ‘do not disturb’ button that lets staff know that you want some alone time.
What is Qatar Airways’ first class like?
First class is available on selected Qatar Airways flight, but if you’re on a route that offers it then there are some very good reasons to go book it.
Each first class seat is tailored in the softest fabric, trimmed with European leather and beautifully engraved copper. At the touch of a button, you can control the lighting, privacy dividers, flatbed settings and the ambience of your entire space. You will also enjoy:
- Exclusive access of the onboard refreshment bar to visit and relax in
- Cutting edge entertainment on a 26” HD screen with the highest LED resolution of any aircraft
- Table can extend so two people can dine in style
- Customisable seat recline
You’ll also get access to the lounges at Doha International Airport, with the Al Safwa First Lounge designed specifically for first class passengers. This open, airy space mixes traditional sandstone architecture with intricate marble detailing. While you wait for your flight in the comfort of the lounge you can enjoy the international and Arabic-inspired dining options, premium beverages and the luxury spa or you can browse the collection of fine art on loan from the Museum of Islamic Art.