Cheap flights from Sydney to Honolulu
Flight information Sydney to Honolulu International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 8173 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Honolulu?
- Hawaiian Airlines, Qantas, Virgin Australia and Jetstar offer direct flights from Sydney to Honolulu. Airlines like United also offer connecting flights to Hawaii from Sydney.
- For international flights, especially popular Sydney to Honolulu flights, we recommend searching across a whole month so you can review the cheapest time to fly.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Sydney to Honolulu?
Sydney Airport runs nonstop flights to Honolulu every day, and so this is an ideal airport to travel to if you’re looking to holiday in Hawaii. Sydney Airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – all flights from Sydney to Honolulu depart from T1.
Terminal 1 is the international terminal for Sydney Airport and offers access to amenities like currency exchange booths, duty-free shopping, ATMs, dining outlets, executive waiting lounges, charging stations, and free WiFi. Transfers from Sydney Airport’s other terminals (T2 and T3) can be done via the AirTrain or T-Bus. To use these services, fares are $6, or waived if you’re a Virgin Australia or Qantas customer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight from Sydney to Honolulu is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I fly from Sydney to Honolulu?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What is Honolulu Airport like?
Honolulu International Airport, otherwise named the Daniel K Inouye International Airport, is Hawaii’s primary flights hub. All flights from Sydney to Honolulu are directed to this airport. There are 2 terminals at Honolulu Airport.
- Terminal 2 – all flights to Honolulu from Sydney are directed to T2.
Honolulu Airport’s Terminal 2 has a plethora of restaurants and shops (including duty-free) that you can access upon arrival. Other facilities include ATMs, bureau de change services, free WiFi, information counters, and even a hair salon. Transfers to T1 can be made on the free Wiki Wiki Shuttle.
What is the weather like in Honolulu?
- Honolulu stays warm throughout the year, with annual highs between 27-32°C, and comfortable lows between 18-24° Generally the months between May and September are considered the best for dry and temperate weather.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Honolulu?
- Honolulu is 20 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST) and 21 hours behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Honolulu cheaper than Sydney?
On average, Honolulu is the more expensive city, but there are plenty of ways to save when you get to Hawaii. The first is to check out the phenomenal beaches these islands are known for, and the second is to search and book cheap hotels in Hawaii with Skyscanner’s search tools.
What about return flights from Honolulu to Sydney?
Heading back to Sydney? Try our Return feature when you search for flights out to also view return flights. We also have a dedicated routes page Honolulu to Sydney, which you can also use to book.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.