Cheap flights from Sydney to Johannesburg
Flight information Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
cheapest return price from Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo last month
airline flies direct from Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
flights a week from Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
average flight time from Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo, total distance 11036 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo last month
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Johannesburg?
- There is only one airline offering regular and direct flights to Johannesburg, and that is Qantas. However, you can find codeshare routes with South African Airways and Virgin Australia.
- Utilising our whole month search tools might be key to saving money on this route, as often you will find much cheaper fares on either side of your preferred travel dates.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the main international hub for both the city of Sydney and the state of New South Wales. This airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – functions as the international terminal.
You’ll find that T1 has currency exchange services, ATMs, restaurants, duty-free shops, airline lounges, information desks, free WiFi, and charging points. For transfers you can take the T-Bus or the AirTrain for $6. This fee is waived if you fly with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Johannesburg?
The Johannesburg Airport is the primary airport for international travel into South Africa. This airport has 2 terminals.
- Terminal A – all international flights are directed here.
Amenities at this airport include several premier lounges, free WiFi, cash machines, currency exchange services, duty-free outlets, food concessions, information desk, medical services, a pharmacy and public telephones.
What is the weather like in Johannesburg?
- Johannesburg’s subtropical climate means that its summers average 21°C, and winters are around 10°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Johannesburg?
- Johannesburg is 8 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 9 hours behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Johannesburg cheaper than Sydney?
Johannesburg is 50-70% cheaper than Sydney across dining, shopping, and rental costs. South Africa’s affordability has helped it become one of the hottest destinations in the world for all sorts of travellers and it makes for a fantastic holiday.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.