Cheap flights from Sydney to Hong Kong
Flight information Sydney to Hong Kong International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 7402 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Hong Kong International
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Hong Kong?
- Qantas and Cathay Pacific offer non-stop and regular flight routes to Hong Kong from Sydney.
- If you are looking to save money, then you can read our tips on how to find the best flight deals, or set up a price alert to keep you informed when the rates rise or fall.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is easy to transit through, and offers lots of direct options for travellers. There are 3 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 1 – is the terminal serving international flights.
Sydney’s international terminal has free WiFi, payphones, cash machines, restaurants, coffee kiosks, bureau de change services, information desks, and medical facilities. There are T-Bus and AirTrain services linking the international terminal to the domestic ones for $6, but these transfers complimentary if you are a Qantas or Virgin Australia customer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong has one major airport, and this is called the Hong Kong International Airport, and it is a major global aviation facility. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 1 – most routes are directed to Terminal 1.
Both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are well equipped with bureau de change services, ATMs, free WiFi, an internet cafe, payphones, a massage centre, medical services, VIP lounges, duty-free shops, gift and book stores, restaurants, bars, and snack kiosks. There is also a free train that transfers passengers between the two terminals.
Taking a taxi from the airport to the centre of town will cost you around 300HKD ($48) approximately.
What is the weather like in Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong averages 27-33°C in the summer, with cooler daily temperatures in winter at 12-20°C. The shoulder seasons are usually pretty warm, expect 17-28°C swings.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong is 2 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 3 hours behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Hong Kong cheaper than Sydney?
Hong Kong is cheaper than Sydney when it comes to shopping and dining, but more expensive if you’re looking to rent. If you’re just visiting though, read our guide on how to make the most of the city in 24 hours.
- Dining in Hong Kong at a mid-range restaurant, and ordering food for 2 should come to 350HKD ($56).
- Picking up a regular cappuccino in Hong Kong is about 35HKD ($5.60).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.