Cheap flights from Melbourne to Queenstown
Flight information Melbourne to Queenstown
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Queenstown last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Queenstown
flights a week from Melbourne to Queenstown
average flight time from Melbourne to Queenstown, total distance 2147 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Queenstown last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Queenstown?
- Jetstar offers direct flights to Queenstown from Melbourne, with Air New Zealand, and Virgin Australia operating regular connecting routes.
- Read our whole month search guide so you can find the cheapest flights available to Queenstown.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports, but it is only the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport that offers flights to Queenstown. This hub has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – handles flights to New Zealand.
The Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has lots of facilities, such as currency exchange booths, ATMs, information desks, free WiFi, executive lounges, and a whole host of restaurants, bars, and cafes you can relax in pre-flight. Transfers between the terminals can be done on foot.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Queenstown?
The Queenstown Airport is a small, single terminal airport, but it is the primary hub for travel to the Otago region.
- Main Terminal – all incoming flights from Australia are directed here.
Within the terminal you will find cash machines, bureau de change services, a couple of eateries, free WiFi, a duty-free outlet, a bookshop, and a pharmacy.
What is the weather like in Queenstown?
- Summers typically fall within 21-23°C, whilst winters are around 6°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Queenstown?
- Queenstown is 3 hours ahead of Melbourne.
Is Queenstown cheaper than Melbourne?
Queenstown is a little more expensive than Melbourne, especially when it comes to dining. However, Skyscanner have a guide on budget tips for your stay in Queenstown, which will help you save money despite the cost difference.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.