Cheap flights from Melbourne to Alice Springs
Flight information Melbourne to Alice Springs
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1870 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Alice Springs?
- Qantas operates nonstop flights to Alice Springs from Melbourne, with Virgin Australia offering connecting routes via Adelaide.
- If you search across a whole month you are in a better position to spot cheap flights for the time of year you’re planning to get away.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports, but only the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport offers flights to Alice Springs. This is the primary airport in the city, and has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights depart from this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights depart from here.
Both T1 and T3 have comprehensive facilities, like ATMs, shopping outlets, charging points, restaurants, bars, executive lounges, and free WiFi. You can walk between all terminals.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Alice Springs?
The Alice Springs Airport links the small town of Alice Springs to major Australian cities. This is a single terminal facility.
- Main Terminal – Flights from Melbourne are directed to the main terminal.
There is a newsagency, a gift shop, and a café you can make use of at Alice Springs Airport. There is also a post office, and a couple of ATMs. You will also be able to connect to free WiFi.
What is the weather like in Alice Springs?
- Alice Springs in the summer typically sits at about 20-35°C, but it can rise as high as 40°C. Winters on the other hand can be very cool, hovering between 5-20°C, and at night sinking to 0°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Alice Springs?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST) Alice Springs is 1.5 hours behind Melbourne. During Standard Time (ST), it is 30 minutes behind Melbourne.
Is Alice Springs cheaper than Melbourne?
Whilst rental and accommodation prices are more expensive in Melbourne, Alice Springs trends higher when it comes to dining, but only by 15%. Start prepping for your trip to this fantastic destination by reading about this part of the world in Skyscanner’s diary of the iconic Ghan railway journey.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.