Cheap flights from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne
Flight information Sunshine Coast to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne
flights a week from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne
average flight time from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne, total distance 1473 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne?
- Jetstar and Virgin Australia offer daily and direct flights to Melbourne from the Sunshine Coast. Qantas operates connecting routes.
- You can use the whole month search guide to learn how to search for flights over a month instead of one date.
How easy is it to depart from the Sunshine Coast?
The Sunshine Coast Airport serves a number of communities that make up the Sunshine Coast. This airport has one main terminal building.
- Main Terminal – all flights out to Melbourne will depart from the main terminal.
There are a number of cafes, retail outlets and gift shops, as well as a visitor information desk, ATMs, public telephones, free WiFi, and an Internet kiosk.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from the Sunshine Coast?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
- Melbourne Tullamarine Airport – domestic flights arrive in terminals 1, 3 and 4.
- Avalon Airport – all flights arrive into the airport’s main terminal.
Both facilities offer access to free WiFi, ATMs, shops, and restaurants, though you will find a greater variety of choice at the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- The summer season in Melbourne hovers between 12-25°C, with the odd heat wave reaching 40°C. Winters are mild, but cooler than the Sunshine Coast, typically at 10-20°C.
Is there a time difference between the Sunshine Coast and Melbourne?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST) Melbourne is 1 hour ahead of the Sunshine Coast. During Standard Time (ST) Melbourne is in the same time zone as the Sunshine Coast.
Is Melbourne cheaper than the Sunshine Coast?
Yes, you can expect general costs in Melbourne to trend around 10-15% higher than on the Sunshine Coast. However, there are ways to save money in this city, and sorting out cheap accommodation is chief among them. Read our guide on the best places to stay in Melbourne.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.