Compare cheap London to Hong Kong flights
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Hong Kong...
- Fri 21 FebLTNHKGWizz Air UKIndirectOne way from $416
- Wed 19 FebLTNHKGWizz Air UKIndirectOne way from $439
- Thu 20 FebLHRHKGVirgin AtlanticDirectOne way from $442
Flight information London to Hong Kong Intl
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 9607 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Hong Kong Intl
Frequently asked questions
Airlines offering Hong Kong International flights from London
At the time of writing, direct flights are available to Hong Kong International from London with carriers flying this route including Lufthansa airlines and Swiss air. If you’re on the hunt for cheap airfares and bargain flights, sign-up Skyscanner’s price alerts. Considering the number of flights on offer from London to Hong Kong, you should be able to find cheap flights fairly easily.
London airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is as smooth as possible
One of the busiest and advanced airports in the world, London Heathrow Airport is located 32km west of Central London. Known for handling more international passengers than any other airport in the world, be prepared for the hustle and bustle ahead of your trip.
Spread across five terminals (each with shops, restaurants, currency exchange services and so on), airport departures are found on the first floor of Terminal 1, the fourth and fifth floors of Terminal 2, the ground floor of Terminal 3, the second floor of Terminal 4 as well as on the top floor of Terminal 5. Getting to the airport is fairly easy and convenient as well thanks to the Tube, coaches, buses and taxis.
Of course, you can also drive and park your car at the airport itself. Numerous short-stay and long-stay car parks are available - you can get a quote here.
Hong Kong International Airport arrivals - information to keep handy
Located on 1 Sky Plaza Road in Hong Kong, this is the fourth busiest international passenger airport in the world and houses two terminals in total. Hong Kong International Airport is also the main airport in the city. To get to your next destination, you can travel via the Hong Kong Airport Express, the Hong Kong Airport Shuttle Bus, airport taxis and residents’ shuttles.
Alternatively, you can also look into hiring a rental car or organising an airport transfer. If you’re keen to shop before heading off, duty-free goods are offered by around 250 stores so you won’t struggle. If you’ve worked up a hunger on your flight, coffee shops, bakeries, restaurants, bars and snack bars are spread throughout the airport.
Other important information to note:
- Passport and identification requirements – As you’ll be flying outside of London Heathrow on an international route to Hong Kong, you will require a valid passport. You are also likely to need additional photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport or social security card and don’t forget your flight ticket.
- Arriving in time to check-in – It’s best to check your airline ticket for the most accurate check-in information. At London Heathrow airport, you’ll find your check-in zone listed on the information screens located near the departures entrance. You’ll be able to use the online check-in to both select your seats and print your boarding passes
- Time difference between London and Hong Kong – Hong Kong is 8 hours ahead of London so you’ll need to adjust your clocks accordingly upon landing.
- Weather differences between Hong Kong and London – When travelling to Hong Kong from London, you’ll find that Hong Kong’s climate is a lot warmer than London’s. July tends to be the hottest month in Hong Kong with temperatures around the 30°C mark. The coolest month is January and unlike Japan where temperatures can fall to below 0°C, temperatures in Hong Kong only dip to around 16°C on average. Overall, you’re likely to find Hong Kong hotter and more humid so do be prepared.
- Difference in living costs between London and Hong Kong – As soon as you arrive in Hong Kong, you’ll notice that prices are far cheaper than in London. Often thought of as a value for money destination, an inexpensive meal in Hong Kong isn’t likely to set you back more than $10 with a bottle of water around the $1 mark. Meanwhile, fast food can be almost half the amount in Hong Kong as you’re used to seeing in London.
Please note: all information is correct as of February 2016.
Find your cheap flights to Hong Kong from London on Skyscanner today - use the search box above to search for up-to-the-minute flight prices and specials.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.