Cheap flights from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Flight information Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1213 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang
Airlines offering Bangkok flights from Kuala Lumpur
At the time of writing, direct flights are available to Bangkok from Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia and Malindo Air among the carriers flying this route. When you sign-up for Skyscanner’s price alerts, you’ll know as soon as airline ticket prices drop and the cheapest flights are available. This route flies often so locking in cheap airfares is made easy thanks to Skyscanner’s price alerts.
Kuala Lumpur airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is as smooth as possible
Malaysia’s main international airport, Kuala Lumpur International Airport is located an estimated 45km from Kuala Lumpur’s CBD. While buses and taxis are both options to get you to the airport, you can park your car in one of two main car parks at the airport. You can read-up on the parking and fees here.
The airport offers free Wi-Fi at most seating and public areas in the passenger terminal with ATMs throughout the airport. If you’re after foreign exchange facilities, counters can be found in the Main Terminal Building, the Contact Pier, and the Satellite Building. There are a number of information kiosks if you’re looking for anything else in particular.
Bangkok Airport arrivals - information to keep handy
One of two international airports that serve Bangkok, Don Mueang International Airport, offers a fairly limited number of services will be available once you land. That said, duty-free shops are located in the international arrivals area if you need to pick-up something quickly before heading off.
To get to your final destination, you can easily organise to hire a rental car or for an airport transfer. If you’re keen to jump into a taxi, the taxi stand is located in front of the Arrival Halls International and Domestic Passenger Terminals. Be aware that specific taxi rates do apply depending upon where you’re traveling to (learn more here). Keeping this airport map handy will no doubt help you to navigate your way throughout the airport.
Other important information to note:
- Passport and identification requirements – All international flights such as this one from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok require you to have a valid passport to travel. You are also likely to need additional photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport or social security card and don’t forget your flight ticket.
- Arriving in time to check-in – You’ll need to check your ticket for check-in times prior to flying from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Check-in times are fairly strict so it pays to be aware that different airlines do have their own deadlines in place, so be sure to check with your individual carrier as to what time you need to be at the airport.
- Time difference between Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur is 1 hour ahead of Bangkok so you’ll need to adjust your clocks accordingly upon landing.
- Weather differences between Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur – Temperatures are fairly similar in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok – April is Bangkok’s hottest month with an average temperature of 31°C. Even its coolest month, December, sees temperatures falling to around a mild 26°C. Its wettest month is September so that may be a month to avoid depending on your plans.
- Difference in living costs between Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok – Both Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok are value for money destinations. On average, you’ll find Bangkok is slightly cheaper than Kuala Lumpur. An inexpensive meal is likely to cost just over $1 while a bottle of water won’t even set you back 50 cents in Bangkok.
Please note: all information is correct as of February 2016.
Find your cheap flights to Bangkok from Kuala Lumpur on Skyscanner today - use the search box above to search for up-to-the-minute flight prices and specials.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.