Flights from Edinburgh to London
Flight information Edinburgh to London
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 534 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton and others
Direct flights from Edinburgh to London
This is a quick hop across the country, and there are plenty of airlines offering regular and direct routes between these two cities. Skyscanner’s price alerts can keep you informed of if the fare becomes cheaper or more expensive, so you can snap up the best deal. Typical airlines flying this route are British Airways, FlyBE, easyJet and Ryanair.
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) information
• The Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is the key airport linking the city of Edinburgh to the rest of the world. Free WiFi and internet kiosks are available to passengers, as well as a decent duty-free shopping section, several restaurants and coffee kiosks, as well as ATMs, currency exchange booths, and information desks.
• This airport has only one terminal, so you will not need to transfer buildings if you need to connect.
• You will not need to carry a passport on this flight unless you do not have another form of official ID with an attached and current photograph.
• Travellers need only leave an hour to check into this flight.
London Airports (LOND) information
• London has six international airports, the two that welcome in most of the long-haul flights, are London Heathrow Airport (LHR) and London Gatwick Airport (LGW). Though there are also options to fly into Luton Airport (LTN), London City Airport (LCY) and London Stansted (STN). These are all excellent airports, with lots of shopping options, a great variety of eateries, medical services, ATMs, currency exchange counters, and access to WiFi.
• London Gatwick has two terminals, but the North Terminal is the one you are more likely to fly into. As for London Heathrow, there are five terminals all together, so where you fly into will depend on who you fly with. London City Airport, Luton Airport, and Stansted Airport are all single terminal facilities.
• Connecting to the terminals at Heathrow and Gatwick done via free of charge shuttle trains and buses.
Time difference from Edinburgh to London
• Edinburgh and London are on the same time zone.
• London is on the whole a few degrees warmer than Edinburgh at any one time. Summers are the warmest time of year, sitting at 20°C most days. Spring and autumn can also see some lovely, warm days of 18°C, but can drop sharply to as low as 6°C. Winters (December-February) are a tad less chilly, but bring lots of layers, as the days can sink to 4°C.
Expect to pay
• British Pounds (GBP).
• London is definitely the more expensive city, but not by too much. If you are touring both cities, you shouldn’t notice too much of a difference.
• Warm up with a hot coffee or cappuccino in the city for 2.60GBP ($4.60).
Transportation to city centre
• From most of the airports in the city, you can expect a taxi fare to fall between 70-100GBP ($121-173). Each airport offers public transport connections, but you can also reserve private airport transfers online with Skyscanner.
• Renting a car is easily done if you’re prefer to self-drive, as there are plenty of car hire agencies within all the airports. Otherwise, book your vehicle online with our car hire search tools.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2017.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.