Cheap flights from Darwin to Melbourne
Flight information Darwin to Melbourne
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3144 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Darwin to Melbourne?
- Qantas, Virgin Australia and Jetstar offer nonstop flights from Darwin to Melbourne every day.
- Signing up to price alerts can help you save money on flights to Melbourne from Darwin, by informing you when fares go up or down.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Darwin to Melbourne?
Darwin Airport is the key airport for the city of Darwin, and the largest airport in the Northern Territory. It has 1 terminal, but offers both international and domestic flights.
- Main Terminal – all flights from Darwin to Melbourne depart from here.
The main terminal building has eight eateries, including fast food and coffee counters. You’ll also find gift shops and newsagencies. Further amenities include premier lounges, ATMs and free WiFi
Arrive at this Darwin Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Melbourne is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Darwin to Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Melbourne Airport like?
Though Melbourne has 3 airports, all nonstop Darwin to Melbourne flights are routed to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This is the largest airport in Victoria, with 4 modern terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights from Darwin to Melbourne arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights from Darwin to Melbourne arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar flights from Darwin to Melbourne arrive in this terminal.
You can walk between all of the terminals at Melbourne Airport. Each terminal has facilities that include restaurants, bars, shops, lounges, ATMs, and free wireless internet.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Melbourne is more temperate than Darwin, with typical summer days of 14-24°C, (sometimes seeing highs of 30°C), and cool winters between 6-14°C.
Is there a time difference between Darwin and Melbourne?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST) over the summer months, Melbourne is 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin. During Standard Time (ST) Melbourne is 30 minutes ahead of Darwin.
Is Melbourne cheaper than Darwin?
Melbourne is on average a bit more expensive than Darwin, but you can find lots of cheap dining and shopping options in this city, famed for its hipster reputation. For accommodation tips, see our city guide for Melbourne.
What about return flights from Melbourne to Darwin?
For flights to Darwin from Melbourne you can press the Return button when you search for your outward bound flight, and we’ll show you the cheapest options available, or go to our Melbourne to Darwin information page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.