Compare cheap Crete to Athens flights
Flight information Crete to Athens International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 288 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Crete to Athens?
There are plenty of low-cost options for Crete to Athens flights, with 5 airlines offering direct flights:
Is there a time difference between Crete and Athens?
No. It’s always the same time in Crete as in Athens.
What is the weather like in Athens?
Athens is warmer in summer and cooler in winter than Crete. Athens has very hot, dry summers, with average highs of 34°C in July and August.
How expensive is Athens?
Essential travel information for Athens
- Australian citizens must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from their arrival date in Greece.
- Australian citizens can visit Greece as tourists for up to 90 days within a 6-month period without a visa.
Departing from Crete
Crete has 2 international airports:
Heraklion is Crete’s major airport, and the 2nd busiest airport in Greece after Athens. It lies just 5km east of Heraklion city centre.
Chania International Airport serves the city of Chania on the west coast of Crete, 14km east of Chania town.
Whichever airport you’re departing from, you should aim to get there at least 1 hour before your domestic flight.
Arriving in Athens
All passengers, regardless of their origin, enter Athens International Airport (ATH) on the arrivals level. When you enter the airport, simply follow the signage towards the baggage carousels.
As you will be travelling domestically within Greece, you will not need to clear customs, but it is sensible to keep your travel documents in a safe, easily accessible place.
There are plenty of transport options into Athens including:
- Metro: The Metro’s Line 3, or Blue Line, runs between the airport and the marina.
- Suburban rail: The airport is connected with Piraeus via Larissa Station and Ano Liosia.
- Bus: All bus routes connecting the airport with the city and regional areas depart from the arrivals level.
- Taxi: Taxis are arguably the fastest way into the city from the airport. They can be pre-booked through the Taxi Union Association (SATA).
Return flights from Athens to Crete
When preparing for return flights from Athens to Crete, make sure you’re at your check-in desk at least 1 hour before your flight’s scheduled departure. Athens Airport is nearly 40km from the city centre by road, so be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during busy traffic periods.
Find your cheap flights from Crete to Athens International on Skyscanner today - use the search panel above to search for the cheapest airfare and specials.
Please note: all information is correct as of November 2018.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.