Cheap flights from Cairns to Alice Springs
Flight information Cairns to Alice Springs
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1457 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Cairns to Alice Springs?
- Qantas operates direct flights to Alice Springs from Cairns, and these depart daily.
- Skyscanner's calendar tool is an easy way to assess when the cheapest time to fly is, making booking flights at the right price a cinch.
How easy is it to depart from Cairns?
Cairns Airport is an important regional hub, and serves the city of Cairns. There are 2 terminals here, and both are easy to transit through.
- Domestic Terminal (T2) – flights to Alice Springs will depart from here.
You can find VIP lounges, restaurants, ATMs, shops, and free WiFi are all available at this airport. The terminals are connected via a 250m walkway.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Cairns?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Alice Springs?
The Alice Springs Airport is the main entry point for travellers hoping to see the national parks of Alice Springs. This is a small airport with a single terminal.
- Main Terminal – All flights depart from this terminal.
Travellers can access a newsagency, a post office, a gift shop, a couple of ATMs, free WiFi, and a licensed café.
What is the weather like in Alice Springs?
- Alice Springs has an arid climate with hot, dry summer that can spike at 40°C, but is generally around 20-35°C. Winters average 5-20°C, but can see lows of 0°C at night.
Is there a time difference between Cairns and Alice Springs?
- Alice Springs is 30 minutes behind Cairns.
Is Alice Springs cheaper than Cairns?
Alice Springs is actually more expensive than Cairns, so be prepared to see prices for dining and accommodation to be around 15-30% higher. We have an excellent blog on Australia’s famous Outback railway, called the Ghan, and this is a good way to get excited out your trip.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.