Book cheap flights now from Brisbane to London Gatwick
Flight information Brisbane to London Gatwick
cheapest return price from Brisbane to London Gatwick last month
airlines fly direct from Brisbane to London Gatwick
average flight time from Brisbane to London Gatwick, total distance 16570 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Brisbane to London Gatwick last month
Direct flights from Brisbane to London Gatwick
For long-haul flights such as these you won’t find any direct flights, as all will warrant a stopover or fuel change.
Find the cheapest flights
There are lots of airlines that fly this route, including Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Thai Airways, Air Canada, British Airways and Qantas. For journeys as long as this you can expect one or two stopovers, usually in large transport hubs such as Dubai (DXB), Singapore (SIN), Istanbul (IST), Bangkok (BKK), Hong Kong (HKG), Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS).
Brisbane Airport (BNE) information
· You’ll discover that Brisbane Airport (BNE) has two terminals, both accessible via public and private transport. The terminals themselves are connected by a free shuttle service that runs every day.
· A taxicab from central Brisbane will take about 30 minutes and come to about $45-50. If you’d like to save a little money, the best options are the shuttles or the Airtrain. The shuttles cost around $15 per person, and the Airtrain also costs $15, but takes 22 minutes from Central Station right into the airport.
· Departing from Brisbane Airport (BNE) will allow you access to its excellent range of facilities, which include a range of restaurants, shops, as well as ATMs, free WiFi and currency exchange.
· London Gatwick (LGW) is also an excellent airport, with modern amenities such as shopping and dining facilities, prayer rooms, banking, currency exchange, ATMs and at least 45 minutes of free internet access.
· Flying from Brisbane will mean departing from the airport’s International Terminal. At Gatwick you can expect to arrive in either the North or South Terminals.
Time difference from Brisbane to London
· London observes Daylight Savings Time, and so depending on the time of year can be 9 or 10 hours behind Brisbane.
· London’s weather can be fairly mercurial, but the summers (June-August) are warm and pleasant and for the most part, dry. Expect temperatures roughly around 20°C during this season. Spring and autumn seasons average about 13-14°C, but winters can dip to 4°C.
Expect to pay
· London is much more expensive than Brisbane across the board, so be sure to budget accordingly.
· Picking up a coffee in the British capital will cost about 2.60GBP ($4.70)
Transportation to city centre
· A taxi from Gatwick into central London will generally cost about 80-90GBP ($160-180).
· Public transport is extensive from Gatwick, and you can take a train, bus, or a pre-arranged airport transfer.
· Many people prefer to drive, and there are plenty of agencies you can rent a car from, however if you’d like to have everything organised beforehand, you can hire a caron our site in a jiff.
Mode of payment
· British Pound (GBP)
· Credit and debit cards are widely accepted everywhere in London.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.